Tennis Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today was even better than yesterday :D so many players to see & so many wonderful shots to view.

I got to the venue at around 10:00am QLD time & I sat in Centre Court to watch Mauresmo practising with Petrova alongside Razzano & Sugiyama who were practising as well.

Then afterwards I went to watch the Wheeler-Chan match on East Court One. Christina began the match very slowly by dropping the first two game of the match due to some errors & some good play by Chan, however things turned completely around in the first set when Christina won six consecutive games in a row by hitting some nice winners & playing consistent solid tennis which frustrated Chan & caused her to make unforced errors. The second set was just topsy turvy all the way. After both players held their serve in the firt two games of the set Christina quickly lead shot up to a 3-1 lead before she got broken to make it 3-2. But then Chan was broken & Christina went up 4-2 before she got broken again to make it 4-3. Then Christina broke once again to make it 5-3 & she was serving for the match only to stumble & lose two games to make it 5-5. Then both players held serve to get it to a tiebreak & Chan applied the pressure on Christina with groundstrokes to hold 2 SP's & then she made 3 mistakes & Christina was the winner :D The second set as I mentioned was topsy turvey & it was Christina's consistency & grit determination that won her through in the end.

After the match I was about to watch the players practice on centre court when I spotted Christina & her sister Maria talking to each other. I had already spoken to Maria yesterday & throughout parts of Christina's match today & I asked her if I could ask Christina to have a photo taken with me & Christina said yes :bounce: And she was so nice to me & her sister took the photo & then I wished Christina good luck for 2008. Best moment of the day :yeah:

Back on East Court Two I watched a practice session between Peer & Schiavone. Peer is being coached by Pennetta's coach which is interesting :) Then back on Centre Court I watched Sugiyama practising with Razzano & earlier on when I watched one of the practices on centre court ai was standing right behind speaking japanese to one of her entourage :) I felt so lucky to be around the players :bounce:

I also watched Petrova-Schnyder practice who were on the same court (centre court) as well as Yan-Nakamura. Then I watched Moore-Pennetta practising as well as Vesnina & Tatjana Malek. After Jess finished her practice session I went up to her & got her autograph & wished her luck for 2008 :D

Then late in the afternoon I watched Casey Dellacqua having a practice session with Sybille Bammer on centre court along with Agnes Szavay & Dominika Cibulkova :bounce: :bounce:

To finish off the day I watched Li Na having a practice with her coach & hitting partner on centre court & her coach used to be haas' old coach. They worked on volleying drills & movement drills & at times he would tell her what she should do & shouldn't :lol: I could also hear them on their conversations at times ;)

So that was my day at the tournament. I hoped you enjoyed it :)
I also spotted Julia Goerges, Julia Schruff, Dinara Safina, Tathiana Garbin, Lourdes Dominguez Lino, & Julie Ditty.

I also saw Mariana Alves ;) those who are interested & she umpired the Chan-Wheeler match & watched some of the practice sessions on centre court.

PHOTOS will be uploaded soon.

·
Registered
25,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, she walked right behind me while I watched the players practice on centre court. didn't take a picture though as she would of probably thought i was some weirdo.

·
Team WTAworld
6,225 Posts
Nice report! :)

·
Registered
25,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Chan played really well & late in the 2nd set she hit some spectacular winners with a few "c'mons!"

·
Registered
15,099 Posts
Wow great report :yeah:

Are you going to Day 3?

And have you seen anything from Keothavong...how is she playing?

·
Registered
15,762 Posts
Thanks for report man!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts