Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK both have totally marched right through to the last 16 with Lindsay winning 6-0 6-2 and Nadia 6-0 6-1.

Looks like its gonna be the tie of the round and boy are there gonna be some brutal rallies, the way these girls bash the ball. To be honest, i can really see Nadia outhitting Lindsay, and if Lindsay is put under a lot of pressure, i wonder whether her foot will be an issue.

I think Nadia will be pumped up for it and will come out swinging and will win a very tough three setter something like 6-3 5-7 6-4.

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
liuxuan said:
OK both have totally marched right through to the last 16 with Lindsay winning 6-0 6-2 and Nadia 6-0 6-1.

Looks like its gonna be the tie of the round and boy are there gonna be some brutal rallies, the way these girls bash the ball. To be honest, i can really see Nadia outhitting Lindsay, and if Lindsay is put under a lot of pressure, i wonder whether her foot will be an issue.

I think Nadia will be pumped up for it and will come out swinging and will win a very tough three setter something like 6-3 5-7 6-4.
Lindsay will take care of buisness 6/2 6/3. She will kick it up a notch or two. Her fot may start worrying her in the semis.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
I think Petrova will win.I wouldn't say that if Davenport didn't have a bum toe.I just think that Petrova will be able to move Davenport around enough to aggravate that injury,and its' seems once it starts acting up she is toast.

·
Miss Verstand
14,936 Posts
lindsay's foot hasnt been hurting her and if that doesnt change i think she'll win.

it should be a tough but good match.

·
Registered
20,884 Posts
If her foot holds up, she should win, but I think the score will be something like 6-4, 6-4.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
If Petrova pushes her to 3, then I think she would win as Lindsay may not be able to play such a long match. She said that she can't usually practice more than 90 minutes because of her foot. I think Petrova will really have to move Lindsay to make this happen and play like she has nothing to lose. Lindsay will take her seriously, and knows how good she is.

·
Registered
18,664 Posts
I seriously think Nadia has a chance to beat Lindsay. She needs to run Lindsay around.

·
Registered
17,738 Posts
It depends on Lindsays foot, shes the better player, but if Nadya can get her moving then who knows what could happen.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
I think a lot of it will have to do with how Lindsay's foot feels.
If Lindsay gets run all over the court by Petrova and the foot starts to flair I say Nadia can win. However, if Lindsay is feeling good, she could whip Petrova's behind in two easy sets just as Venus did to Petrova at Wimbledon.

This is a match that should be exciting to watch.
I really hope we get to see a lot of coverage for this match-up.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.