Tennis Forum banner

Who will win? Davenport or Hingis?

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One of the best rivalries among active players will commence yet again.

As well as Hingis is playing, I beleive Davenport still knows how to beat her. Hingis had better serve well and make sure Lindsay won't pounce on her second like in years past.

Davenport leads Hingis 14-10, their last match Hingis having to retire in Filderstat. Lindsay won their last complete match at the final in Tokyo in three tight sets. Hingis hasn't beaten Lindsay since Sydeny 01'.

Another notable factor in this match is that the last time these two played here, was in 00' when Lindsay won that amazing match in the final.

I'm going with Davenport in three sets.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
dav in 2 tighties

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
MH0861 said:
Lindsay 6-1 3-6 6-2.
This is the score line i'm going with too

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Hingis in 3 :)

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
I'd like to see Martina win :yeah:

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
hey ty ty are you old enough to remeber the first 24 times Lindsay and Martina played you are a great wealth of Lindsay info I couldn't even recall that stuff and I remeber the very 1st time they played each other. French open can't remeber the year Lindsay won 6-2 2-6 6-2 if I'm wrong please feel free to correct me.

Thanks for that now they are going to play each other again I was wondering about the head to head. Who would have thought they would play each other again. Look forward to the next installment hope its a great match and Lindsay wins.

·
Banned
6,444 Posts
I think it will be difficult for Martina to keep up with Davenport. Davenport was always one of those players that gave Hingis fits.

·
Sabatini lover Forever
15,213 Posts
MarJenAll20 said:
I think it will be difficult for Martina to keep up with Davenport. Davenport was always one of those players that gave Hingis fits.
They are 14-10 i think they both give fits to eachother.
Davenport is a huge favorite to win, but i give Martina an outside chance if the match goes to three sets. It will also depends a lot on how good Martina´s serve comes out for the day.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts