Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
noooooooooooooooooo thats so crap for her, hopefully she gets well and the op goes well!!!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
10,772 Posts
This is good cos maybe it'll sort out Lindsays knee problems once and for all.

But for the next 4-6 months :( Get well soon Lindsay :)

·
Banned
1,006 Posts
Too bad. :( I hope everything will be ok in a few months.
Maybe she can be back for Wimbledon, but I will just be happy if she is back at all.

But why did she wait for so long ? She could have done in November already.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Yeh it has to be sorted out, and she will return fit and healthy. She is only 25, and is one of the best players EVER, so she will win some more Slams when she returns. Get well soon Lindsay, and enjoy a break for a while.

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,720 Posts
Poor Lindsay..:(

That makes almost certain that Venus Williams will reach #1 at some point of time this year..

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Let's not assume that surgery is going to be the end of Lindsay's problems....

I hope it is, but well....4 months is a hell of a long time. That's a terrible situation for Lindsay and her fans.

Heal Well.

·
Veelieve!!!
32,914 Posts
Get well soon Lindsay :)

Lindsay Davenport undergoes surgery, out at least four months
The Associated Press
Jan 11 2002 4:23PM

Top-ranked Lindsay Davenport underwent arthroscopic surgery on her right knee Friday and is expected to be sidelined for at four months.
Davenport's agent, Tony Godsick of IMG, said the surgery to correct a full thickness cartilage defect on the 25-year-old Davenport's lateral tibia was successful. Godsick wasn't immediately available for further comment.

Dr. Richard Steadman of the Steadman-Hawkins Clinic in Vail, Colo., said the prognosis ``is good for a full recovery, but the recovery will require 4-to-6 months of rehabilitation.''

Davenport had the operation four days after withdrawing from the Australian Open because of persistent pain in her knee. The year's first Grand Slam event begins Monday in Melbourne.

Davenport was injured at the season-ending Sanex Championships in Munich, Germany, on Nov. 3. She pulled out of the championship match there, ending a 15-match winning streak in which she won three straight tournaments.

Davenport was injured while chasing a drop shot from Kim Clijsters in the semifinals at the $3 million Sanex event. Davenport completed that victory, but she couldn't play the final against Serena Williams the next day.

Davenport was No. 1 at the end of last year despite failing to win a Grand Slam tournament. She overtook Jennifer Capriati during the Sanex event.

Davenport, who also finished 1998 ranked No. 1, has won three Grand Slam events in her career - the U.S. Open in 1998, Wimbledon in 1999 and the Australian Open in 2000. Capriati won the Australian Open last year.

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
Oh poor lindsay!

Get well soon!

·
Registered
283 Posts
I really like Lindsay's game and I am going to miss her a lot. She always brings that extra something to a tournament.

·
Registered
10,848 Posts
I refuse to be upset about this. If i know Lindsay, she will probably make a big positive out of this. She more than likely won't be back to the grass-court season, but that should give her more than a enough time to have healed and comeback strong.

Lindsay fans please stay positive!!!!

·
Registered
15,274 Posts
I empathize with Lindsay fans and getback on track soon Linds. 4-6 months is not so bad especially that she does real well on grass and hard. She'll be okay and this knee will be healed once and for all.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
AT LEAST 4 months!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Good for Marti, bad for tennis :angel:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
Why??!! :sad: :sad:

Get well soon Lindsay!! I'll miss you... :kiss:

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
hi WR.:)

get well soon Lindsay!!!!!! we want to see great competition out there.:bounce: :angel: :kiss:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts