Tennis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lindsay said today that after the nasdaq she'll be taking four to six weeks off. She also said that she decided that a week ago. Well after her first match she said that she'd be playing one clay event after Miami (Amelia) and then take off time before the French. So....she knew during her interview after her first match she would be taking time off, yet she still said that she'd be playing one clay tourney and then the French. She mentioned in Australia that Amelia is one of her favorite tournaments to play in. So, has Lindsay officially withdrawn, is she going to, or am I just mixing up what she's saying?

·
Registered
15,098 Posts
I think that Lindsay didnt play with heart against Martina Hingis, I think that she was too overwhelmed with hingis returning and also so that she could have enought rest so that she could play better in Miami, where it actually counted.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now that Mary has pulled out of Miami I hope she doesn't pull out of AI as well, that would be a major blow to the tournament leaving Petrova as the number one seed. That would be a dissapointment after having Henin, Davenport, Pierce, Venus, Serena, Capriati, Mauresmo, and Navritalova all play there in the last few years. I think it's a good idea to have Miami be mandatory but if they are going to do that they should probably move tournaments like IW and AI around so they don't suffer like they seem to be this year.

·
Registered
9,074 Posts
Even Lindsay isn't injured too bad I would like to see her play Miami and Amelia Island, then skip the rest of the clay court season.

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
PatM04 said:
Now that Mary has pulled out of Miami I hope she doesn't pull out of AI as well, that would be a major blow to the tournament leaving Petrova as the number one seed. That would be a dissapointment after having Henin, Davenport, Pierce, Venus, Serena, Capriati, Mauresmo, and Navritalova all play there in the last few years. I think it's a good idea to have Miami be mandatory but if they are going to do that they should probably move tournaments like IW and AI around so they don't suffer like they seem to be this year.
and Dementieva, who won it beating Davenport and Henin back to back :ras:

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Well she also mentioned in one of her interviews last week that she is being forced to play a full schedule and how it's not fair to fans etc... and makes the players look bad because she is entering these tourney's w/ the knowledge that she will not be playing them...

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Meesh said:
Well she also mentioned in one of her interviews last week that she is being forced to play a full schedule and how it's not fair to fans etc... and makes the players look bad because she is entering these tourney's w/ the knowledge that she will not be playing them...
I don't think she's playing Amelia because she's being forced to. She said in Australia that it's one of her favorite tournaments. She also mentioned that she would play one clay tourney before the French. Not that I'm an all knowing person about Lindsay's schedule but if she had to pick a clay tourney I would think she would pick Amelia because she loves the tourney (like she mentioned in Australia) and because she has some points to defend there. I'm sure she entered it on her own will. The tournament has been very good to her (making her grand marshall of the opening parade, etc) and because she has won it the past 2 years. I hope she plays in AI!!!!

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Even Lindsay isn't injured too bad
a bulging L4 back disc is pretty serious...

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
I don't remember lindsay playing anything outside of the AI and Charleston of the clay events. This change won't be too different!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts