Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To run down any balls. She is so close to some of Clijsters winner, but doesn't even make a stretch for the ball. No reason to be on court if you're not going to give it your all.

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
Knizzle said:
To run down any balls. She is so close to some of Clijsters winner, but doesn't even make a stretch for the ball. No reason to be on court if you're not going to give it your all.

what's the world coming to? I am agreeing with knizzle more and more :bolt:

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
What's her attitude like? Is she negative. It seems that with some players Davenport knows she'll lose. Clijsters-Venus-Serena

·
In my new place!!
22,955 Posts
Shes so lethargic out there, your right Knizzle. Im like WTF, you could actually get to some of those balls if you wanted to... Its frustrating to watch.

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tennisIlove09 said:
What's her attitude like? Is she negative. It seems that with some players Davenport knows she'll lose. Clijsters-Venus-Serena
Yeah, she is negative. She just gave her only break back to Clijsters.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Clijsters just hit a shot barely wide and Lindsay was already walking to the net to shake hands. It's like she's already given in.

Deuce.

·
Registered
527 Posts
And Kim blows another match point. That's 4 now.

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tennisfan-Mtl said:
That is exactly why I stopped being one of Davenport's supporters...She always seems so bored out there...
She is my #3 favorite player. I was hoping she played more like she did against Venus at Wimby.

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Davenport's problems:

1- ATTITUDE - As soon as she gets down on herself, she's out. She was down today as soon as she gave the first break to Kim. Right then and there, I knew she was a goner.

2- Mobililty - She just doesn't try. She doesn't run for balls which are two feet away, I mean, seriously, move for the ball. As soon as her attitude gets down, expect her mobility to get even worse.

These two things is why Lindsay is not #1, or contending for Slams anymore.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
I agree, Its just so dis-appointing to watch her!!!!!!
I love her so much that I'm beggiining to hate her for her attitude. SHE IS NOT EVEN TRYING!!!!!!

As for Clisjters, She really is the Best Player out there!!!!!!!

Come on Lindsay!!!!!

·
Registered
6,942 Posts
Lindsay's foot could have been bothering her..I mean everyone is right..she was letting alot of stuff just pass her! :confused:

Anyway well done Kim! ;)

·
Veelieve!!!
32,874 Posts
Was she in pain?? If not it really was depressing:( to watch her out there. I was literally throwing my spongeballs at the television. If Lindsay doesn't change this attitude she won't be winning the US Open like the poster cirelowe has predicted. :tape:

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Lindsay kinda gives an unthusiastic look out on the court. Like i really dont wanna be here!! But in her press conferences, shes like i love it! training, tournaments, and traveling. She gives up too easily and can get negative on court quick

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
I do think she is in pain with that foot.

Lindsay has always been a little schlumpy on the court even when she is winning. But I agree that she does have poor body language and gets down on herself quickly. Lots of negative self talk too.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
I didn't see the match, and I understand Lindsay tends to be defeatist when things turn against her.

This being said, I notice some kind of pressure on all the girls to play even if they are hurting. Jennifer was hurting, yet she entered this tourney anyway and of course left in pain. Davey may have been in much worse shape than she let out to be. Who else in that tourney was hurting? God only knows.

Serena was days before surgery and she was contemplating playing here and there, until probably someone forced her to go under the knife.

I'm smelling something really wrong on the tour. I'm bracing myself as regards Kim's health. She's not my #1 or #2 fave, but her brand of power tennis appeals to me dearly. I'm afraid to wake up one day and hear bad news of her or any other girl.

Heck, I'm just a tennis fan, therefore powerless in that issue. What can I do but shake my head in disgust? :(

·
Banned
1,735 Posts
I've noticed that kind of lack of effort a lot with Lindsay. The first time that it REALLY struck me was during the final couple of points at Pilot Pen against Venus in 2001.

It seems that she just doesn't have the drive to win unless she does it in straight sets. Too bad. :confused:

·
Registered
13,220 Posts
It's been going on for some time now... I really can't see her out there after 2004, maybe even after this season. :sad: :sad:
Sometimes it really makes me sad, as Lindsay will surely be my favourite player ever. No way I'll like someone the way I like her...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts