Tennis Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Henin-Hardenne lost a lot more. Williams shook hands with her opponent after the match. It was as pointed as it was perfunctory. She did not shake hands with the chair umpire.

After the match Williams went to the standard news conference and sobbed as much as she had lobbed. "I was a little disappointed with her. It wasn't the turning point of the match, I should have still won the game, but to start lying and fabricating is not fair," Williams said.

She should not have said that, no matter how angry or provoked she felt. The Williams sisters, Serena and Venus, find the balance of humility in victory and graciousness in defeat difficult to achieve. Williams did praise her opponent.

"She played very well today and probably deserved to win. She was the better player today. But it gets rather annoying if you're not serving well anyway and you miss your first serve and everybody's booing and screaming."

Henin-Hardenne paid her opponent no respect. She's had her chance so many times. Maybe it's time to give someone else a chance. Henin-Hardenne now plays her countrywoman Kim Clijsters in the final. We knew before she beat Williams that she could play tennis. Now we know there is absolutely nothing she will not do to win. We'll be rooting for Little Kim.

As for Sosa, he awaits a penalty for breaching baseball rules that say bats must be wood and nothing else. So far 76 of his bats have been tested and proved legal. So have five bats held in the Hall Of Fame. He may end up with the benefit of the doubt. Not for Henin-Hardenne, though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,054 Posts
leslie said:
...
Henin-Hardenne paid her opponent no respect. She's had her chance so many times. Maybe it's time to give someone else a chance. Henin-Hardenne now plays her countrywoman Kim Clijsters in the final. We knew before she beat Williams that she could play tennis. Now we know there is absolutely nothing she will not do to win. We'll be rooting for Little Kim.
.
"she's great champion, great player, and it's very hard to play Serena on every surface"

"And I knew it was a difficult draw for me playing Serena in the semifinal because she's -- you know, she's amazing in the Grand Slams. She played a great match today.
"
Justine in her interview after the semi. You are so right Leslie, no respect at all.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,943 Posts
LOL @ SHE PLAYED A GREAT MATCH TODAY.

We all know that had Serena played a great match justine would not have come out the victor.

justine played a great match, Serena was shakey, and part of that had to do w/how well justine started out.
 

·
Adrenaline junkie
Joined
·
23,013 Posts
DA FOREHAND said:
LOL @ SHE PLAYED A GREAT MATCH TODAY.

We all know that had Serena played a great match justine would not have come out the victor.

justine played a great match, Serena was shakey, and part of that had to do w/how well justine started out.
Serena played a very good match, and had Henin on the ropes at 4:2, 30:0. Henin is normally a better player on clay than Serena, but in this match Henin got outplayed. And then, when she was on the ropes, she played a dirty trick trying to put Serena off balance. And it worked. But don't say that Serena didn't play well. Up to that point, she did.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,942 Posts
katrientje said:
"she's great champion, great player, and it's very hard to play Serena on every surface"

"And I knew it was a difficult draw for me playing Serena in the semifinal because she's -- you know, she's amazing in the Grand Slams. She played a great match today.
"
Justine in her interview after the semi. You are so right Leslie, no respect at all.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
She also said that Serena has had so many chances and that it is time for the others to get their chnce. She talked as if she was in an ass kicking contest with Serena and only had one leg.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
634 Posts
ys said:
Serena played a very good match, and had Henin on the ropes at 4:2, 30:0. Henin is normally a better player on clay than Serena, but in this match Henin got outplayed. And then, when she was on the ropes, she played a dirty trick trying to put Serena off balance. And it worked. But don't say that Serena didn't play well. Up to that point, she did.
Never heard of momentums changes in tennis matches????

Serena was outplayed for a set and a half
Than the momentum shifted and Serena took control.

But everybody knew she was far from done.
The momentum changed again and Henin took final control.

To simply blame this on the trick is bullshit.
Clijsters seems to had control of Henin in the third set in the final of Berlin. But Henin came back. She's a fighter and prooved in also against Davenport in the Aussie.

So again to blame the loss of Serena to the trick of Henin is very low.
And if you come that the crowd had to do with it than it's simply the fault of Serena herself.
Graf was dominating also everybody. But the crowd loved her. Why? cause she has an other attitude than that arrogance of Serena.


Btw the last 4 matches Serena played against Justine contains 3 losses.
Justine won all of them due to the tricks and the crowds????
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
katrientje said:
"she's great champion, great player, and it's very hard to play Serena on every surface"

"And I knew it was a difficult draw for me playing Serena in the semifinal because she's -- you know, she's amazing in the Grand Slams. She played a great match today.
"
Justine in her interview after the semi. You are so right Leslie, no respect at all.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I did not write the article, I just posted it you idiot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,054 Posts
Sorry, I didn't read it completely. It just sounded like you. I can't believe a professional journalist wrote such crap
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,640 Posts
But you agree with it so Katrientje has a point :rolleyes: :p

btw Leslie:

JUSTINE WON ROLAND GARROS :cool::p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,274 Posts
Serena WILLIAMS (USA) v Justine HENIN-HARDENNE (BEL)

2001 U.S. Open Hard (O) 16 Serena WILLIAMS 7-5 6-0
2001 W.T.A. Tour Championships Hard (I) QF Serena WILLIAMS 6-3 7-6(5)
2002 Berlin Clay (O) FR Justine HENIN-HARDENNE 2-6 6-1 6-7(5)
2002 Rome Clay (O) FR Serena WILLIAMS 7-6(6) 6-4
2002 Leipzig Carpet (I) SF Serena WILLIAMS 6-4 6-2
2003 Charleston Clay (O) FR Justine HENIN-HARDENNE 3-6 4-6
2003 Roland Garros Clay (O) SF Justine HENIN-HARDENNE 2-6 6-4 5-7

Serena WILLIAMS (USA) leads 4 : 3

it seems like the only surface justine has the chance to win is on clay and even then she lost one of those to serena.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,943 Posts
I never said Serena didn't play well, I said she was shakey, and she was.

In the first set justine made her look clumsy, slow, and lost w/out a game plan. In the second Serena was wobbly but managed to steel herself and pull out the set. The third she seemed to take command, but got shakey serving at 4-2. She had another opening when justine choked serving for the match at 5-4, she broke, bu then failed to do what champions do....close out a wavering foe. justine did a good job composing herself to serve it out in her final service game.

justine's unsportsmanlike, behavior did not cause Serena the match.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top