·
Registered
52,895 Posts

·
Registered
16,982 Posts
ITF W25 Hong Kong R1

[2] Zarina Diyas (KAZ) def. Daria Lopatetska (UKR) 6:1 6:2 :(

Disappointing result, but I'm so glad she's back playing. Diyas won the tournament in the end, so maybe she was just unlucky with the draw. Now let's hope her injury is behind her and she can move on from here and get some wins under her belt.

·
Registered
16,982 Posts
Australian Open - Qualifying Draw

[10] Caty McNally (USA) vs. Asia Muhammad (USA)
[PR] Daria Lopatetska (UKR) vs. Conny Perrin (SUI)
[WC] Olivia Rogowska (AUS) vs. Núria Párrizas Diaz (ESP)
[22] Usue Maitane Arconada (USA) vs. Elena-Gabriela Ruse (ROU)

·
Registered
16,982 Posts
Australian Open QR1

Daria Lopatetska (UKR) def. Conny Perrin (SUI) 6:2 6:2 :) (y)

What a nice result! She faces Caty McNally in QR2.

·
Registered
16,982 Posts
Here's the full match uploaded to Youtube.

·
🐟🐟
4,372 Posts

(Google translate)

Australian Open, Lopatetska: "Forever grateful to Svitolina, now I would like to meet her"

Daria Lopatetska is one of the most interesting faces in the Australian Open women's qualification. Born in 2003, she is returning after almost 8 months of stop for the knee break and in her history there is a lot of humanity because the very young "Dasha" had to be operated on urgently at Villa Stuart in Rome in early May but the family did not he had enough money to pay medical bills. So, in a way that she called "unexpected", the call came from Elina Svitolina, compatriot and top-10 for the past 3 years who has taken on all the costs.

“To tell the truth, I didn't know her, I had never spoken to her. It was she who personally contacted my mother after she saw the announcement made by my sister. I still don't know what to say except that I will be eternally grateful to her. Really. It was a very difficult moment for all of us, my parents hoped that the surgery was done at Villa Stuart and she came to our aid without anyone having asked her to do it "she said, interviewed exclusively after the 6-2 6-2 victory in the match against Conny Perrin. And the most particular detail is that there has not yet been direct contact between the two: "No, we have not yet heard from that moment. I would love to meet her in person now that I'm here. "

16-year-old Ukraine broke her knee during the ITF tournament in Rome in early May. She was in a moment of great form. Or rather, she was leading a period that seemed to have not declined since his debut in the major circuit. She had won the first 17 consecutive games played in the ITF circuit, winning the first 2 tournaments and in the second leaving something like 3 games per game to the opponents. At the beginning of 2019 he had put together a new brace in Hong Kong before a fifth title, also ITF, in March. She had played 13 professional events, she was already close to the top 200. We are aware of the great outcry around Cori Gauff for everything she has done in the last 6 months of 2019. Well, Lopatetska was on the same road, or perhaps even more "ahead", before she was forced to stop all this time: "It was very hard, I have to admit it. I had an off season that never ended, I spent the first two months after the intervention in Italy, always at Villa Stuart, and when I entered the field for the first time ", she revealed with lots of laughter," I couldn't field the ball: It was absurd, I didn't believe it. I felt like I was back when I was a little girl on the pitch. I had moments where I wondered if I would really be able to play good levels again. Full days between pitch and gym, pitch and gym, pitch and gym. I am very relieved to have made it, I am here and I won my first career game in a Slam tournament. "

When asked about the knee, she sketched a smile saying, “All right, for now. We'll see tomorrow. I don't feel pain, I think I worked quite well, but I know that the road is still long and I will have to continue to manage myself, in fact I am now using protection on the pitch. " When asked if there is something she really liked today, she replied: "How I reacted. It was a game that gave me a bit of tension in the first points, but then I managed to do rather well. " Which meant 6-2 6-2 to an opponent with more experience, able to complicate the cards on the table with a one-handed backhand and a lot of slice, and to leave the field with such awareness that this can be for her a first step in the world of greats after the excellent foundations laid from the end of 2018 to the first months of 2019. And the 2020 target is only one: “Feel good. I don't want to think about anything else now, I just want to get to the end without ever having to go through what happened. Never, never again ".

·
Registered
16,982 Posts
Australian Open QR2

[10] Caty McNally (USA) def. Daria Lopatetska (UKR) 6:2 6:3 :(

·
Premium Member
65,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #452

·
Registered
16,982 Posts
WTA Doha QR1

[3] Bernarda Pera (USA) def. [WC] Daria Lopatetska (UKR) 6:3 3:0 ret. :(

Such a shame she had to retire. I really hope it's nothing serious.

441 - 455 of 455 Posts