Tennis Forum banner

1561 - 1570 of 1570 Posts

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Very sad day indeed for us Caro fans... It was Caroline who made me a tennis fan in the first place in what is some 10 years ago. I've spent my whole adolescence supporting her and now that it's all over it's inevitable to feel the void that she leaves. I loved every aspect of being her fan. I'm gonna miss waking up in crazy time to watch her or skipping stuff just to watch a match. But we have so much to be proud of her career that is almost certainly going to be inducted in HoF.

All the best guys x

·
Registered
83,605 Posts

·
Registered
113,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,563
I dont look at it as a sad day because this is something she wants to do. Heading towards week 2 of a major, Qiang Wang and Pavlyuchenkova are in winnable matches and could make the QF. The draws fall apart and Caroline can still contend. Her last 3 tournaments are SF, SF and just missing a chance to play Qiang for a QF spot. So she wants to retire in her 20s when she is still good enough to make a YEC run. She has a rare talent and used to it win 30 titles and be #1 71 weeks. But you can retire when you want to. Venus might play until she is 45

·
Registered
83,605 Posts

·
Registered
113,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,565

·
Registered
52,870 Posts
Thank you for everything, beautiful sweet sunshine Caroline! ♥

Caroline had a great very successful career. She won her Slam and can be very proud.
She had so much passion for he sport, always fought very hard for every point, she never gave up.
Caroline had one of the best, strongest backhands ever. The main reason I was her fan.

World #1
Grand Slam title at Aus Open
Many Premier titles
A caring family, a hot brother, a handsome husband :love:

Stubbs said that she will remember her smile and her fight the most.
The ESPN reporters (Luke Jensen) said that Caro (similar to Kim) was one of the nicest players.
Navratilova had tears in her eyes. This all shows how important Caro was and that she will be missed.
Caro was a very good role model. Always friendly. That she retires is a big loss for the WTA Tour.

Bye Caroline :cry:
I wish her only the best for the future!

·
Registered
37,975 Posts
Today is the 2nd anniversary of Caro winning the Australian Open!! :) Congrats again Caro on winning the Australian Open!! :) 🏆

·
Registered
83,605 Posts

·
Registered
113,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,569
I put this in GM & wanted to put this here also. When Caroline said she had RA, I thought she would have to take pills or injections. I never thought about her food intake.
A chef with RA wrote a book with all anti-inflammatory recipies and Caroline should try some
Chefs know food has to taste good, not just be healthy.

·
Registered
83,605 Posts
Posted her rolled ankle in her Insta story...

1561 - 1570 of 1570 Posts