Tennis Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1801 - 1820 of 5074 Posts

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
Thanks poulao, Lets see if its just as stressful when knowing the result... :)

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Olga Govortsova reminds a bit about Maria S. But when she was suffering, she lost her head, and went for to much, they all do it.

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
Well i feel a lot better having watched that... Olga had some very nice plays, and game 10 in set two was great. What was it the commentator said? "Awesome tennis here" :hatoff:

Thanks again.

·
Trainwreck
58,029 Posts
You know what would be funny? If after Caro had won and went to sign the video camera (did she?), just before she writes on it, she does rocker devil horns with her fingers and says "Take that haters". I think it would be hilarious. :lol:

·
Registered
15,622 Posts
You also noticed how after Piotr came on court Caro won 6 of the last 7 games? He may not be an expert on tennis, but he does seem to know something about making Caro do better when she's failing! And that's clearly one of the greatest gifts a coach can have. :)

·
Registered
11,345 Posts
Told you Govortsova is a choker. She blew a 4-1 double-break lead against Cibulkova too. This match really should have gone to a final set. Though even if it had, I think Caroline would have emerged victorious.

Anyway, congrats to Caro on defending her title, and good luck in Charleston. :)

Speaking of updates, the official tournamet website is a joke.
The PVB website hasn't been updated with any news what so ever since the tournament started.
Under "Recent News" at the front-page, the "Latest News" story is that Caro is now ranked #2 in the world.
Not even a single news story has been written since the tournament started - embarrassing.
http://www.mpsgroupchamps.net/media
I noticed that too. This has got to be one of the most useless tournament websites I've EVER seen. There are 10K ITF tournaments with better websites. :lol:

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
I noticed that too. This has got to be one of the most useless tournament websites I've EVER seen. There are 10K ITF tournaments with better websites. :lol:
Yes I agree, there a local tournaments with better updates. But one thing is good about the PVB website, they have statistics from every match including winners on serve, forehand, backhand etc.
Big tournaments like Indian Wells and Miami doesn't even have statistics with winners and unforced errors etc. IIRC.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
I expect Caro and Piotr to drive to Charleston Monday.
And Malou Ejdesgaard, she's still with them in PVB.

But it must be a lot lest stressfull to play PVB before FCC instead of Marbella like several players coming to FCC did.
First Miami and the and then a flight or two to Spain for just a week and then a flight or two back to the US, probably with a lot of waiting time and jet lag.
Instead of just driving from Miami to PVB and then driving to FCC.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
And Caro is now outside top 100 in the doubles ranking.
She dropped from #100 to #111 today: http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/page/RankingsDoubles/0,,12781~0~101~200,00.html

With Caro's Tournament win, she likely will stay on the 2. spot atleast untill after Madrid.
And if Safina doesn't start playing and winning again very soon, she will soon drop out of top 10.
She has a lot of points to defend in this clay court season and the following very short grass season: http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/page/Player/Activity/0,,12781~8108,00.html

Safina's points in the 2009 caly season:
STUTTGART: 320
ROME: 800
MADRID: 1000
FRENCH OPEN: 1400

Safina's 2010 grass season:
'S-HERTOGENBOSCH: 130
WIMBLEDON: 900

320+800+1000+1400 + 130+900 = 4550

That's a lot of points to defend for the clay + grass season.

Serena only has 500 points to defend at the French Open + 2000 points at Wimbledon.
Besides this she only had 1st round lossed at all the clay court tournamnets in 2009.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
I expect Caro and Piotr to drive to Charleston Monday.
Actually they drove to Charleston already yesterday after the final: http://twitter.com/CaroWozniacki/status/12044172066
Had a fun ride to Charleston yesterday with my dad and Malou. The music on loud in the car and singing all the good songs! haha!
about 3 hours ago via web
We don't know yet when Caro'll play her first match, maybe Wednesday. Caro has 1-2 days to settle down. Hopefully that'll be enough and we'll see a fairly fit Caro win some easy first matches.
Caro will face the winner of Barbora Zahlavova Strycova and wildcard Carly Gullickson in round 2.
They are not scheduled to play today, so they will first play Tuesday. So I guess Caro's round 2 match could be Thursday.

http://www.familycirclecup.com/pages/articles/20100410183153.html
Main Draw Preview

...At the top of the seeds will be Caroline Wozniacki, ranked No.2 in the world and arguably the best player on American clay the last two years. Last year she won nine of 10 matches in the two-week green clay swing, and she is already on a similar roll this year, reaching the final over in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida on Saturday.

After a first round bye, Wozniacki will face either Barbora Zahlavova Strycova or American Carly Gullickson.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
She need to play on Wednesday.
Yeah that's right. I was getting used to the longer mandatory tournaments where they only played every other day.
Where did you find the tournament schedule? There's no much info at the FFC website it seems, besides todays program.

What days will R1 in doubles be played? Two doubles matches are scheduled for today. I guess there will also be R1 doubles matches both tomorrow and the day after tomorrow? Or will the rest all be played tomorrow?

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Caroline and Malou will play doubles tomorrow: http://www.familycirclecup.com/pages/articles/20100412174531.pdf

ALTHEA GIBSON (court 2)
Starting at: 10:00 am
  1. Heather WATSON (GBR) vs. Elena VESNINA (RUS)
  2. Julia GOERGES (GER) vs. Bethanie MATTEK-SANDS (USA)
  3. Rossana DE LOS RIOS (PAR) vs. Vera ZVONAREVA (RUS)
  4. Shuai PENG (CHN) & Elena VESNINA (RUS) vs. Malou EJDESGAARD (DEN) & Caroline WOZNIACKI (DEN)

·
Registered
11,345 Posts
Yes I agree, there a local tournaments with better updates. But one thing is good about the PVB website, they have statistics from every match including winners on serve, forehand, backhand etc.
The stats on winners and UEs are only available for a few matches, but it's better than nothing (assuming they're reliable - that's not always the case, even in Grand Slams). But that's probably the only good thing about that website. :lol:

With her 1 point from PVB Qualies, Malou is now inside Top 1000.
That WC did have its use after all. :spit:

But it will be tough to win 1st rd in dubs. Good Luck! :)
I don't give them much of a chance against Peng/Vesnina either. Though I've noticed the changes made to the doubles rules have made results a bit more random than before. I think the new rules (no ad scoring, no third set) tend to help the weaker teams more.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts

·
Registered
37,855 Posts
Congratulations Caro on winning your 1st title of the year and 7th of your career. :) Dang...that's a lot and in not that long a time period, about a year and 8 months. :)

Now the next step is to win a big title as in a premier 5 tournament or bigger. :)

1801 - 1820 of 5074 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.