Tennis Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1261 - 1280 of 5074 Posts

·
Registered
15,622 Posts
From what little I have learned about Goerges her primary weapon is her serve. She hit 12 aces in her 1R match and she has the ninth fastest serve recorded. But unless she starts serving like Lisicki did at Wimbledon I think she should be manageable for Caro.

·
Worshipping the bangs
62,496 Posts
I won't lie. We all know Wozniaki is a potential Favorite-in-Waiting for me. But after last night...

all the way.

Danish Dynamite.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
6,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,264
From what little I have learned about Goerges her primary weapon is her serve. She hit 12 aces in her 1R match and she has the ninth fastest serve recorded. But unless she starts serving like Lisicki did at Wimbledon I think she should be manageable for Caro.
Yeah Julia is a serve-bomber :)

·
Registered
37,855 Posts
Caro got in 62% of her 1st serves with an average speed of 97 miles per hour (156 km/h) against Goerges.

So far Caro is getting a bit more speed on her 1st serve this year but with a bit less 1st serves in (going by the Australian Open stats to date).

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
I won't lie. We all know Wozniaki is a potential Favorite-in-Waiting for me. But after last night...

all the way.

Danish Dynamite.
:wavey:

Danish Dynamite. I like it. :cool:

And good to see her defending all of her points from last year. From here on out, any win will be a bonus.

·
Premium Member
1,702 Posts
Caroline got a lot of her serves which might have been aces, didn't win them all but made Georges think.
In the end it was 3-2 to Caroline in serves.

A day at the office win, came forward etc in the first set some.
Pity she wasted her energy on the line calls, and when every thing was going well in the second set, didn't try some of the new stuff more.

Looking forward to the Peer match.

·
Registered
15,622 Posts

·
Registered
15,622 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,702 Posts
Huh. Interesting. Does anyone know if it worked?

Yes I read that in the Danish Press as well, my point being that instead of getting (visibly) irritated about something she could not alter, why not use the energy on trying new stuff and winners etc.

In fact they showed the points she challenged again on tv in and they looked out or in as called.
I don't think it was a good tactic.

·
6,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,275
Piotr :weirdo:

Seriously this guy is a moron :help: how was he a professional athelete back in the day :shrug:

How much say does Piotr have in getting Caro a REAL coach?
That's your opinion :) Caro and several coaching experts agree that he has done a marvellous job for her. I believe they are right, that said, he does say some stupid things at times, but name one coach who doesn't.

·
Registered
13,475 Posts
That's your opinion :) Caro and several coaching experts agree that he has done a marvellous job for her. I believe they are right, that said, he does say some stupid things at times, but name one coach who doesn't.
Who besides people in the Danish tennis federation? and please you can't compare Piotr's idiocy to any other coach.

It is my opinion and I'm sorry if being negative about Piotr annoys anyone in this thread. I love Caro and I am 100% behind her but on Piotr I can't understand, don't get him and don't think he really knows what the hell he is doing with Caro's career. I mean telling Caro to argue with the umpire and linespeople to get calls in her favour as a tatic :weirdo:

If Piotr has a major say (which I think he does) in who Caro's coach will be for the future then I am worried.

·
6,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,277
Who besides people in the Danish tennis federation? and please you can't compare Piotr's idiocy to any other coach.

It is my opinion and I'm sorry if being negative about Piotr annoys anyone in this thread. I love Caro and I am 100% behind her but on Piotr I can't understand, don't get him and don't think he really knows what the hell he is doing with Caro's career. I mean telling Caro to argue with the umpire and linespeople to get calls in her favour as a tatic :weirdo:

If Piotr has a major say (which I think he does) in who Caro's coach will be for the future then I am worried.
I recently read an article about how some training experts supported what he did, and said that very few others could have made the same result, I'll see if I can find the link later...

And yes I certainly can compare him to other coaches. Every coach in the world will try to defend his or hers decision when being questioned by the press, it's basic politics :)

Many many players who have been coached by parents have been more or less destroyed mentally (or physically) Pierce, Capriati, Lucic, Dokic just to name a few. Piotr is in no way abusive or unreasonably tough. He has brought Caro from nothing to the absolute top of the game, so saying the he doesn't know what he is doing is beyond unfair!

You can be as critical of Piotr as you like, I just prefer that you have something to support your criticism :)

Oh btw. regarding a possible new coach, he has said several times that if they find a coach that is able to do a better job than he is he will let go of course.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Many many players who have been coached by parents have been more or less destroyed mentally (or physically) Pierce, Capriati, Lucic, Dokic just to name a few.
Dokic's dad is a complete nutcase. Thankfully for Dokic she has no contact with him anymore.

But I Danish female tennis there's also an insane tennis dad. Remember the Danish TV program "Sandies Paradis" shown 10-10-2002. It was about the then 14-year old talented Danish tennis girl Sandie Sørensen and her parents who were pushing her tennis career? Her dad was her coach and during the TV program he sent her to a Spanish tennis academy south of Barcelona when she was 11 years old, where she was the youngest pupil. And after this she only saw her parents and two younger brothers every 6 months. Once when Sandie 12 years old and home visiting her parents she ran away from home and the police started searching after her and TV asked people to look for her. She was found shortly after again.
This TV program was shown before Wozniack became known, and to this day many danes still think that this TV program was about Caroline and her parents, becuase they forgot the names from the TV program and just rember it was about a talented youg Danish girl. And Sandie is 21 years old today, so only a couple of years older than Caroline.
Sandie's dad Tonny Nørregaard Sørensen was put in prison last year for trying to hire two assasins to kill his ex-wife Anette Bendix Sørensen (Sandie's mom) and her new lover: http://www.bt.dk/krimi/kendt-dansk-tennis-far-bestilte-lejemord-paa-konen-og-hendes-elsker

You can watch "Sandies Paradis" online here: http://sporten.tv2.dk/article.php/id-20481119.html

In October 2009 TV2 made an follow-up program on Sandie and what happened to her tennis career.
Husker du Sandie? http://sporten-dyn.tv2.dk/tennis/article.php/id-26095403.html
Sandie tennis career got ruined by a back injury when she was 16 years old, but she still plays some at a national level in Denmark: http://www.dtftennis.dk/Home/Sektioner/Turnering/Ranglister/Resultatsoegning.aspx?licens=1173
She is currently ranked #100 in Denmark: http://www.dtftennis.dk/Sektioner/Turnering/Ranglister/FSenior.aspx?s=2

Sandie Sørensen:

·
Registered
37,855 Posts
Has Caro used her new 1 handed slice yet?

I haven't been to able watch all of her 2 matches at Australian Open just yet, but she seems to be playing fairly solid so far from I've watched. :)

Also, has she used any drop shots?

·
6,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,280
Dokic's dad is a complete nutcase. Thankfully for Dokic she has no contact with him anymore.

But I Danish female tennis there's also an insane tennis dad. Remember the Danish TV program "Sandies Paradis" shown 10-10-2002. It was about the then 14-year old talented Danish tennis girl Sandie Sørensen and her parents who were pushing her tennis career? Her dad was her coach and during the TV program he sent her to a Spanish tennis academy south of Barcelona when she was 11 years old, where she was the youngest pupil. And after this she only saw her parents and two younger brothers every 6 months. Once when Sandie 12 years old and home visiting her parents she ran away from home and the police started searching after her and TV asked people to look for her. She was found shortly after again.
This TV program was shown before Wozniack became known, and to this day many danes still think that this TV program was about Caroline and her parents, becuase they forgot the names from the TV program and just rember it was about a talented youg Danish girl. And Sandie is 21 years old today, so only a couple of years older than Caroline.
Sandie's dad Tonny Nørregaard Sørensen was put in prison last year for trying to hire two assasins to kill his ex-wife Anette Bendix Sørensen (Sandie's mom) and her new lover: http://www.bt.dk/krimi/kendt-dansk-tennis-far-bestilte-lejemord-paa-konen-og-hendes-elsker

You can watch "Sandies Paradis" online here: http://sporten.tv2.dk/article.php/id-20481119.html

In October 2009 TV2 made an follow-up program on Sandie and what happened to her tennis career.
Husker du Sandie? http://sporten-dyn.tv2.dk/tennis/article.php/id-26095403.html
Sandie tennis career got ruined by a back injury when she was 16 years old, but she still plays some at a national level in Denmark: http://www.dtftennis.dk/Home/Sektioner/Turnering/Ranglister/Resultatsoegning.aspx?licens=1173
She is currently ranked #100 in Denmark: http://www.dtftennis.dk/Sektioner/Turnering/Ranglister/FSenior.aspx?s=2

Sandie Sørensen:
Yeah I remember Sandie :sad: she was/is a good girl, but her dad was way to keen to make a star out of her. Apparently he has became more and more psychotic, it's a tragedy.

1261 - 1280 of 5074 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.