Tennis Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
741 - 760 of 5074 Posts

·
Crazy Conspiracy Theorist, Politically Incorrect
32,385 Posts
Caroline went with her father and Aleksandra Wozniak to some Sumo matches ! There are some pictures taken by Aleks' herself but I don't think I will post them here.

·
Registered
37,975 Posts
Bad news, according to to the Danish press, Piotr has said that Caroline has been in bed with influenza the last 3 days, and is very doubtful for Tuesday.
Huh? I'm a bit confused. There's pictures of Caro at Sugiyama's retirement ceremony yesterday as well as pictures of her at a sumo match. That doesn't seem like someone who's sick. :confused:

·
Good Luck Caro in 2019!
180,323 Posts
Chancen er fifty-fifty. Heldigvis skal hun tidligst i aktion tirsdag, fordi hun er oversidder i første runde. Så på den baggrund er der tid til, at hun kan nå at komme til hægterne, siger Piotr Wozniacki og tilføjer:

- Men må Caroline melde afbud, gør det intet. Turneringen her i Tokyo er ikke en af dem hun satser på at levere et topresultat i. Faktisk ville hun hellere være blevet hjemme i Monaco. Men havde hun bestemt sig for det, ville WTA have givet hende en bøde. Nej, Carolines tanker går mere i retning af at levere en toppræstation ved sæsonfinalen (Sony Ericsson Championships, red.) i Qatar om halvanden måned, siger Piotr Wozniacki.
The chance she can play are fifty-fifty (50/50%) but she seem OK on the pics, so I wonder if they need an excuse so she won't play... text says she don't care too much about this tournament...

·
Registered
37,975 Posts
Why didn't Caro just withdraw from the tournament beforehand if she didn't want to play? :shrug:

·
Registered
37,975 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,702 Posts
But Tokyo isn't a mandatory tournament, just Beijing is. :confused:
In that article they also said she done what she wanted to do in 2009, and would rather just continue her holiday.
Further down on Articles and Interviews in an article from 4 days later Piotr says suddenly that they would be going to all 4 tournaments before Doha.
So taking into account that if either of the journalists had got it wrong, Team Wozniacki could always get the Danish Press to publish their version. Extra Bladet would love a bit of contraverse.
The mandatory statment could be interpreted as only refering to Beijing, but the whole mess of articles cries out for some kind of Press coordination.
This also applies to the fact that people are saying that she looks fine, and Piotr is saying she has been in bed for three days with influenza.
Its messy. And makes them look amatuerish.

·
Premium Member
1,702 Posts
To further add to my confusion after reading the article from the 20th where Piotr said "Jeg skal rejse med Caroline til Tokyo, Beijing og Osaka. Bagefter skal hun spille i Luxembourg, " it looked like 4 tournaments.

Now I read on her Official homesite schedule

Code:
Sep 27th, 2009 Toray Pan Pacific Open Tokyo, Japan 
Oct 3rd,  2009 China Open Beijing, China 
Oct 12th, 2009 HP Open Osaka, Japan 
Oct 27th, 2009 Sony Ericsson Year End Championships Doha, Qatar
So who knows what is right, how many and why, or why not.

·
Registered
37,975 Posts
Caro should err on the side of caution in terms of whether or not to play. It's important to try to be healthy for Beijing next week.

·
Registered
110 Posts
:wavey:
Caro should err on the side of caution in terms of whether or not to play. It's important to try to be healthy for Beijing next week.
I agree with you, Protoss. If indeed she has the flu, she should make sure she's completely healthy for Beijing and the year end championships. I just had my flu shot as we're starting to see more cases in my part of the country. But, team Wozniacki can be full of surprises so we'll have to wait and see!

·
Premium Member
1,702 Posts
Maybe €Sport were being a bit optimistic.
Tuesday OOP
Central Court
10:30 JST 03:30 CEST
A.Kleybanova vs V.Zvonareva
K.Bondarenko vs E.Dementieva
S.Stosur vs M.Sharapova
C.Wozniacki vs A.Wozniak
n.b. 5:00 PM
J.Jankovic vs S.Lisicki
A.Radwanska vs D.Hantuchova

·
Good Luck Caro in 2019!
180,323 Posts
It still unknown if Caro can play, but does anybody know if Wozniak win on W/O or a LL will possible replace Caroline? If Aleks wil win on w/o Caro may wd...to help her friend a round further... ;)

Good Luck Caro if you play! :) She will decide in the latest moment.

·
Registered
37,975 Posts
It still unknown if Caro can play, but does anybody know if Wozniak win on W/O or a LL will possible replace Caroline? If Aleks wil win on w/o Caro may wd...to help her friend a round further... ;)

Good Luck Caro if you play! :) She will decide in the latest moment.
If Caro withdraws, she will replaced by a lucky loser.

·
Premium Member
1,702 Posts
Caroline will be playing today.

- Caroline is fever free and reasonably OK, so now she will try to get the best out of it, "says coach and father Piotr Wozniacki to DR Sport and adds:

- But it will be a little difficult, because she has not trained the last few days, and will not get much warm up before the game.
The way things are going right now on Center Court, dought it will be before 9:00 CEST.

741 - 760 of 5074 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.