Tennis Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
601 - 620 of 5074 Posts

·
NeverWoz
27,565 Posts
Can't believe she did it. :eek: I remember being pretty worried Cirstea would send her out...and now she's in a Slam Final. The only time I'd say Caro got "lucky" in her draw was for the SF - there's no excuse for no seeded player coming out of that section. :lol:

I just hope she can play well against Kim, hold her serve, and makes it competitive.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
:worship:
good luck tonight Caro!
Yes! Good luck tonight Caro! I am bummed I won't be able to see her play--I don't have cable or satellite and they're not airing it here in the US on CBS due to the President's spiel on health care reform which they're airing on 60 Minutes. :( I'd rather watch tennis and this is a really big deal with Caro making her first Grand Slam Final. But, GO CARO !! :bounce:

·
Premium Member
1,702 Posts
:worship:

Yes! Good luck tonight Caro! I am bummed I won't be able to see her play--I don't have cable or satellite and they're not airing it here in the US on CBS due to the President's spiel on health care reform which they're airing on 60 Minutes. :( I'd rather watch tennis and this is a really big deal with Caro making her first Grand Slam Final. But, GO CARO !! :bounce:
I am sure there will be a stream, check the OOP Scoring threads. ETC

·
HEADBANGER
68,522 Posts
Congratulations Caroline:D

Lykke til i Finalen:bounce::bounce:

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I'm just so proud of our little Cryoline Pushniaki! :hearts:

When she had reached the quarters, I was really happy, as she had finally gotten past the 4th round. And now she's in the finals! Unbelieveable, isn't it? She hasn't had a tough road to the final, but who cares? She's beaten the players who beat the big names, so I'm really, really pleased.

I really feel bad for Caro (and Yanina) that almost no one watched their match! The weather totally ruined everything, and the drama at the end of the Kim-Serena match took away all the attention from Caro-Yanina. She was really nice about it in her interview, though! Here's what she said:

Q. Playing in that stadium where it was maybe 300, 400 people in there and it was empty, was that easy or hard for you?

CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: Maybe actually it was easier, because, you know, you didn't really feel the thing that you're in the semifinals. You didn't feel the pressure too much that actually you're so close to being in a finals. Only two matches away.

So I mean, I understand the people. We were waiting all day to get to play, and the weather really didn't want everything like we wanted it today. But we got to play, and I'm very happy.

On one hand, the Caro-Kim final is amazing for me as they are my two big favourites, but on the other hand it's a really bad situation as I want both of them to win badly -- Caro's in her first slam final ever, and Kim has just come back from a long break. I don't want any of them to lose. :sobbing: I am definitely going to watch it, though! I'm really confused about when they're playing. The official OOP says they play after the Federer-Djokovic match, which starts 16:30 local time, but I've heard lots of people and websites say that the match is at 21:00 local time?

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I haven't posted on the board for some time, but I think this is a perfect timing to come back and congratulate all Caro fans with her first GS final!

Honestly I didn't see it coming at all after mediocre results in summer hard court tournaments. Of course draw turned out to be very good, but she had to take her opportunity, beat an elite player (Sveta) in a slam and here she is! And I like her chances against Kim a lot more than against Serena. Good luck!

·
Registered
15,622 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,702 Posts
I am definitely going to watch it, though! I'm really confused about when they're playing. The official OOP says they play after the Federer-Djokovic match, which starts 16:30 local time, but I've heard lots of people and websites say that the match is at 21:00 local time?

They have changed I think, now reads :-

Arthur Ashe Stadium

21:00 Start Women's Singles - Finals
Caroline Wozniacki(DEN)[9] vs. Kim Clijsters(BEL)

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/schedule/index.html?promo=topnav

·
Registered
37,855 Posts
I really wish Caro's semi had been played in front of a full crowd and televised live. :( It just seems like Caro was pretty short changed on such a big occasion. :sad:

·
Registered
15,622 Posts
Both the WTA and USO sites have picked Clijsters as tonight's winner (so have I for that matter :angel:) but I really don't think Caro minds the role of underdog.

·
Good Luck Caro in 2019!
179,329 Posts
Even with a loss tonight Caro will reach No. 3 or 4 in the Race List with her so far 1400 points won from the SF. She's has about 2200 points more than the No. 8 player, so ithink she's 99% sure in Doha, as so many players can't all win the next 3 bigger Tournaments and get the 2200 points they needs. We will see when the new Race List come out tomorrow...

1 Safina, Dinara RUS 7492 15 160
2 Williams, Serena USA 7437 15 900
3 Wozniacki, Caroline DEN 5640 20 1400
4 Dementieva, Elena RUS 5325 16 100
5 Kuznetsova, Svetlana RUS 4493 15 280
6 Williams, Venus USA 4036 13 280
7 Azarenka, Victoria BLR 4011 13 160
8 Zvonareva, Vera RUS 3302 16 280
9 Pennetta, Flavia ITA 3120 20 500
10 Jankovic, Jelena SRB 3011 15 100
11 Stosur, Samantha AUS 2533 16 100
12 Bartoli, Marion FRA 2491 19 100