Tennis Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
581 - 600 of 5074 Posts

·
Registered
15,622 Posts
Caroline has just confirmed me as friend on Facebook! Nice! :)

·
Registered
670 Posts
This! :eek:
I couldn't believe it, the server overloaded :spit:

I wouldn't write Caro off either :hearts: They both have a big chance, it's just a shame that Caro's best slam performance so far (The Semi) was so under-appreciated :shrug:
Well this is a real test for Caro. Beside playing a marvelous match, Kim's also shown her coolness. I hope Caro won't consider her mission accomplished and will fight for every single point. I want a quality final. I'll be happy either way.

C. W. Fields, I don't think the 2006 Junior USO incident will happen again. It was a big lessen for her and it seems she's learned from it. Also, if she's to curse, me think she'll do it in Polish :devil: and wearing her smile.

Be prepare to see this forum crashed for 12 hours if Caro pulls it through. :devil:

·
Premium Member
1,702 Posts
Well, I guess Caro has elbowed to the front of my Little Three now, hasn't she? Well done! I think she can upset Kim. And I may have to go from a Big Three and a Little Three to a Big Four!
Lena's bangs.
How about TBA2 :)
Where's Nadal He must post that he's pessemistic then :umbrella: Caroline :umbrella: will win.

Seriously I am so happy that all my slump talk was wrong.
When I saw Caroline win the Junior Wimbledon on TV who would have thought that already now she would be in a GS Final.

Everything after the 800000$ win is icing, I hope she defends herself with honour tonight.

Bye the way anybody have check on where she came in the US Open Series as that might give a bonus?

·
Registered
37,855 Posts
Oh cool...for those in the US, Caro's match is being shown on The Tennis Channel right now. :) I believe there's another broadcast of it at 5:25 am Pacific time/8:25 am Eastern time.

Incidentally, there's another rebroadcast of the Kim/Serena match on The Tennis Channel at 3 am Pacific time/8 am Eastern time in case anybody's interested.

·
Registered
15,622 Posts
Caro's newest nickname on GM is "Cryina" because she was in tears after winning the SF. I really don't understand those people!? :shrug:

·
Registered
15,622 Posts
Give them some credit. At least they are creative.

Everyone on MTF is XXX_tard.
If they absolutely had to mock her tears of joy I think "Cryoline" would have had a much better ring to it. :rolleyes:

Caro is ranked 6 now btw! Is she beats Clijsters she'll be no. 4! :eek:

·
Registered
15,622 Posts
Help €Sport just had 45 mins USO, only showd SW and KC.

Anybody know if there is away to see :umbrella: Cryolina Pushniacki's :umbrella: whole match.
I'm wondering about that too; can they show a match re-live on ESP when they didn't show it live in the first place? :rolleyes:

And her name is Cryoline not Cryolina! :p

·
Registered
37,855 Posts
So how big a deal is this in the Danish media?

·
Registered
15,622 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,702 Posts
I'm wondering about that too; can they show a match re-live on ESP when they didn't show it live in the first place? :rolleyes:
And her name is Cryoline not Cryolina! :p
They had cameras and a Danish commentater the works, but didn't even show it on €Sport Player. They kept jumping over to it from THE DRAMA now and again. And there is no Re-live for USO on €Sport Player:rolleyes:

Sorry about the spelling, you know us foriners. :devil:

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
*Sniffs* I'm so proud Caro! Congrats girl! :bounce:

I just hope she's not too nervous for the final tonight! I want a good match! I think it's Kim's to lose so I just hope Caro will continue to fight. Vamos!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Two weeks ago, who would've thought that we would be seeing Caro in the final. It's been an unbelievable two weeks and Caro has been absolutely amazing! :worship:

All we need now is a victory over Fiona tonight and life will be perfect. :drool:
Good luck Caro! :)

·
Registered
15,622 Posts
Match prediction from the USO site:

9-CAROLINE WOZNIACKI V. KIM CLIJSTERS

It's been an bit of an odd tournament to say the least, with defending champion Serena Williams defaulted on the final point of her 6-4, 7-5 loss to Kim Clijsters in the semis and the elite likes of Safina, Sharapova, Dementieva, Venus, Kuznetsova and Jankovic being knocked out of the tournament before the quarterfinals.

But the two most deserving competitors made it to the final, as Clijsters' victory over Serena was well deserved as she completely out played her from the back court, and the teenager Wozniacki outlasted the capable likes of Cirstea, Kuznetsova, Oudin and Wickmayer.

Clijsters, the 2005 US Open champion, entered this contest as the favorite, because she's been here before and has showed during this tournament that she is perhaps more composed than ever. Her defensive to offensive skills have been unmatched, she's serving hard and locating her balls with precision and she's running everything down in sight. Her once spotty forehand is much more dependable now and her backhand down the line has been exquisite. She's held her nerve, just like she did four years go when she outlasted Venus, Sharapova and Mary Piece for the title.

But the Dane can play a little bit too and actually has a bit of Clijsters in her. Like Clijsters was when she was teenager, Wozniacki is primarily a defensive player, but she has an excellent backhand, can run like the wind and has a fine understanding of the court. Clijsters will own her from the forehand side, but Wozniacki will be more than pleased to trade backhands crosscourt all night long and happily engage in the 'I dare you to go down the line first' game of chicken. Clijsters has a better second serve, but Wozniacki's first serve is a bit underrated. The 19-year-old is also much more willing to go to the net than Clijsters is.

But experience usually tells the tale of the tape in Grand Slam finals where one participant is making her first showing. Unless Clijsters freezes up and starts framing balls, which would be very odd considering that she hasn't done that for more than few games since she came back last month. Wozniacki is going to have to come out of her comfort zone a bit and try to attack, which she can do with her backhand, but can rarely do with her forehand.

It would be nice to think that the pleasant Dane has a mature enough game and nerves of the steel that would allow her to make this a very close match, but Clijsters has everything going for her now and will take this contest in straight sets, becoming the first mother since Evonne Goolagong at Wimbledon in 1980 to win a major.

How often do you hear before a match that Caro is the one more willing to come to the net!? :haha:
I agree with KC being the favorite though it's kinda odd to feel that way when a WC player faces the world no. 8!

581 - 600 of 5074 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.