Tennis Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
501 - 520 of 5074 Posts

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
It just found out it was indeed Danish NFL all-star kicker Morten Andersen.
Danish TV channel TV2 Sport talked to Morten Andersen who said he was going to the quater final to support Caro: http://tv2sport.dk/node/39523
He still lives in Atlanta and flew to New York a few hours before the match to support Caroline after watching her last match on TV at home.
The article also says Danish NHL hockey player Frans Nielsen have been following her matches throughout the week. Frans Nielsen plays for New York Islanders so he's already in New York.

And I think you are right about the Adidas coaches never being in a players box if two Adidas players facew each other. That makes sense when he's hired by Adidas. Sven might have watched the match somewhere else on the stands, far away from any of the player boxes.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
very solid and smart match from Caro tonight. i really liked her reaction at the end when she won.

good luck in the semis Caro!

·
Registered
670 Posts
I think the semi against Wickmayer is a very much winnable match. It will be a battle of nerve and UEs. As much as I prefer winners, UEs are much easier to make than winners.

·
Registered
13,475 Posts
To be honest Caro should have pressed the issue more in the first set.

But she won 6-2 6-2 and is in a slam semi so I can't complain.

·
NeverWoz
27,565 Posts
Another nice win for Caro! :D Honestly I was disappointed with how she played today, but its understandable - Mel was playing like crap, and Caro was probabyl pretty damn nervous herself. I just hope she can take it to Yanina a bit and not sit back and just retrieve - if Nina is on, Caro's asking for trouble. She needs to stand in and hit with more authority.

Up to #7 now, and 10 wins in a row! :rocker2:

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
The best thing about the Woz vs. Oudin match was that there was none of this very annoying screaming when a player hits the ball from any of the players what so ever.

Very annoying to listen to all this over dramatic and completely unnecessary screaming. especially from the very loud ones like Sharapova and Serena.
Unfortunately Wickmayer is a screamer too.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Well Caro didn't give no power to Oudin, good strategy because Melanie really begs for that sort of game... Now she's favorite to Wickmayer and her first ever GS final...

I think there will be more autority from Caro in the semis...

·
Premium Member
1,702 Posts
Nice tactical win, really dominante play in the 1st set, made Oudine and the crowd shut up.
Let her into the game abit in the second set but after 2-2 3-2 there was no question of the outcome.

I like the way Caroline has come to focus and concentrate, and she dosn't need on court coaching.
She beat Kuznetsova in a tough match by staying with the game plan even though she lost the first set.
The last 2 Matches have shown that all my negative speculations in her mini slump, were unfounded. I feel there is growth in her game. Although the 12 Aces in 1 match and aggressive play from the begining of the season would be usefull.

I would hope she will beat Wickmayer, and put up a good fight against SW or Clijsters.

After this win, TBE has her #7 with 5350 and Zvonareva #6 with 5460, a win in the semi will give another 500.
This will keep her in the top 10 for a while.

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
This match wasn't pretty at times but really sometimes that just doesn't matter. She's in the semis! :bounce:

And I find it interesting that fans here and on GM pointed out that Caro had yet to make a Slam quarterfinal, unlike Cirstea, Lisicki, and Vika. Now Caro's poised to do A LOT better than all of them in a Slam this year!

Funny how momentum can change so quickly in tennis.

·
Registered
12,334 Posts

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
What's up with the bandage on Wozniacki's left thigh?
Is it a new fashion statement? Bondarenko and Oudin also has a bandage on the left thigh and Venus Williams has a bandage on her left knee.

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
Nice tactical win, really dominante play in the 1st set, made Oudine and the crowd shut up.
Let her into the game abit in the second set but after 2-2 3-2 there was no question of the outcome.
I agree. I thought Caro was really aggressive most of the first set until near the end of that set. Haven't often seen her play as aggresively as that. But then Mel was really playing badly most of the first set.

When Mel upped her game in the second set - I thought Caro resorted to playing pretty passively. Anyway she won - but it was pretty tight in the second set. Lots of back and forth games from deuce to advantage back to deuce and Caro squeaked through them.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
By playing 2 sets of unbelievable tennis, a double bagel...that would certainly silence the crowd. :devil:

But unfortunately I don't see the match being quite like that. :unsure:
Not quite double bagel, but pretty much took the air out of the crowd lol.

·
Registered
951 Posts
:wavey:

I have a question :)

What is the right pronunciation of Caroline Wozniacki`s name? There is a big discussion in one Bulgarian website. In the WTA website she said:

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/page/VideoFeatures/FeaturesDetail/0,,12781~1645058,00.html

But I think this is the "english" pronunciation. On Danish (or Polsih) is it the same ?

Thanx :)
Her native pronounciation is similar to French "Caroline" plus a distinct "e" at the end (like the <e> in French "est" or English "the")

In Polish, the last "e" is replaced by an "a" vowel/sound.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
You can hear how Caroline Wozniacki is pronounced in Danish here:

The speaker talks in English but is Dane and pronounce her name in Danish a couple of times in the clip.
Caroline Wozniacki talks in Danish in this clip.
Both her parents came from Poland. Don't know if her name is pronounced different in Polish compared to Danish.

And here's another interview in Danish where you can also hear the pronounciation of Caroline in Danish:

And a third one:

And a radio interview:

·
Good Luck Caro in 2019!
181,214 Posts
If you want to read about Caro's USA Eventyr in danish eb.dk is a good place.

bla. skriver de:
DR1 and TV2 ønsker at sende kampen i morgen på Landsdækkende TV, men Eurosport vil ikke sælge til en pris de kan betale... ;) Best muligt vill omkring 500.000 se kampen.

501 - 520 of 5074 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.