Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 335 Posts

·
Registered
20,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought it would be a good time to start a thread for recent UVA grad Danielle Collins! She had a very successful college career at Virginia including 2 NCAA singles championships.

She's now trying the pro circuit and won the title this week at the 25k Stillwater :cheer:

·
Registered
8,006 Posts
Love seeing Danielle give the pros a try, with this title she is already up to #423. She has a game that can translate well to the pro circuit, and if she plays a full schedule now, she should really fly up the ranks. Excited to see how this goes! :grin2:

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Love seeing Danielle give the pros a try, with this title she is already up to #423. She has a game that can translate well to the pro circuit, and if she plays a full schedule now, she should really fly up the ranks. Excited to see how this goes! :grin2:
I have to say, she's the best 2x NCAA Singles champ that has a chance on the pro circuit (no offense to the pusher N. Gibbs). She just defeated former Bruins best players, Robin Anderson in R1 and then knocked off #2 Jennifer Brady in R2 to win her 5th match of the tournament.
Remember she won 8 matches in winning Stillwater 25k, earlier this month, so she has the stamina to do it again!!!

Next match in QF she will face off against Ohio's Di Lorenzo, which she should win. If she gets past Di Lorenzo, then she will probably play in SF against the toughest player remaining in the draw in last year's winner Rebecca Peterson, who I think will have no problem getting past Alize Lim.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
As I predicted Danielle defeated Di Lorenzo in QF 6-1, 7-5. :bounce:

Her next match will be a tough one, as she will face last year's champion, #3 Rebecca Peterson in the SF's...

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Danielle is on the rise as she just knocked off the defending champion 6-2, 6-0!!!

Last month she won her first 25k, this month I have to favor her over Kayla Day in the finals to win her first 50k...:grin2:

·
Registered
20,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Danielle is into the finals of the 60k in Charleston against Brengle :cheer:

Her ranking should be good enough to get into Wimbledon qualifying if she wants to play :yeah:

·
Registered
8,006 Posts
And another final this week at $25K Naples firmly puts her in the Top 200 for the 1st time!
Nice to see this rise and back to a little form after struggling for awhile. Wimby qualies.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
And another final this week at $25K Naples firmly puts her in the Top 200 for the 1st time!
Nice to see this rise and back to a little form after struggling for awhile. Wimby qualies.
She was in good form, late last year, going for the AO wild card, which Day eventually won.

At that time, I could see her playing at Top 100, as she could compete when anybody at the ITF level.

I guess her ranking isn't high enough to play at the French Open as most players have left to play in tune-up tournaments last week or this upcoming week in France or Slovakia.

Is their 2 tournaments back to back at Naples?
Each is listed at $25k, same location, but different Acceptance List.

·
Premium Member
66,163 Posts
She is on the list for the 25ks in Bethany Beach & Sumter instead of playing a grass ITF. :spit: Hopefully she will at least enter Wimbledon.

1 - 20 of 335 Posts