Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe Ashley ran over and hugged her Agent and Dad before shaking Dani's hand :eek:

My lil darling was overcome with emotions, that she temporarily lost her manners :angel:

Can I say again, what an amazing meltdown and comeback that was...I hope Ash has enough in the tank for her next match...

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
I'll chalk it off to youth, but it was kinda rude, IMO. It's not like she won a tournament, just a match. Go shake hands, then you can celebrate.

btw, I like Ashley..not bashing, just my opinion.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Hopefully Dani knows that Ashley probably wasn't thinking straight, she was so excited. The posters on this board are another story altogether, they usually don't let any mistake an American makes go by. ;)

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
i dont think it was rude!ashley was very genuine doing that,she didnt mean to miss respect to daniela,and i'm sure daniela didnt mind too much about it.she has to think about her game and her weight,ashley's gesture is the last of her thoughts.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Well I hope they ask Dani about it in the press conference to see what she says.

·
In my new place!!
22,955 Posts
Yeah it'll get ugly around here for Ashley...

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
im sure dani understands. yeah ash didnt win a tourny but it was a big match to win... esp after dani fought back. ash just followed her emotions... it was her immediate reaction... you can tell she wasnt thinking much after that marathon.

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah...Ash is a sweet girl...she would never intentionally be rude...

by the way...that is not her mom...that is her agent Jill Smoller ;)

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
BK, Dani gave Ashley a brief smile and a handshake at the net. She was not mad at Ashley. Dani is a gem! :D

And Ashley showed her emotion in a natural way in hugging her dad and agent. She had just run over to that side of the court anyway. So she just kept going!

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
the cat said:
BK, Dani gave Ashley a brief smile and a handshake at the net. She was not mad at Ashley. Dani is a gem! :D

And Ashley showed her emotion in a natural way in hugging her dad and agent. She had just run over to that side of the court anyway. So she just kept going!
I love Daniela, she is such a swettie. :)

·
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
20,453 Posts
i dont find that rude at all.. i dont kno what the big deal was... Daniela understands.. im sure at lot of the players when they win a BIG match like this one, they forget what they're doing... and besdies.. Ashely is still a young-ster.. shes still getting use to everything...
it wasnt like when ashley came up to shake Daniela's hand and Daniela like totally bitched her offf.. hahaha its all good..

congrats ashley

and .. Daniela.. stilll rooting for ya! ;)

·
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
20,453 Posts
selesfan said:
I love Daniela, she is such a swettie. :)
yeh im surprise Daniela didn EVEN show signs of sadness or anything like that... she was happi an di guess you can say proud of Ashley because Daniela knows what ashley had to go through...

Daniela has a lot of respect for the other players.. she's one of the nicest players around..
and thats why i respect her so much. :)

·
Registered
11,268 Posts
I would have been a little irritated if I were Dani but I'm sure it was a spur of the moment thing and Ashley meant nothing bad by doing it. It's not on a level of rudeness as say Graf's celebration after her '95 US Open win over Seles ;)

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
beauty_is_pink said:
yeh im surprise Daniela didn EVEN show signs of sadness or anything like that... she was happi an di guess you can say proud of Ashley because Daniela knows what ashley had to go through...

Daniela has a lot of respect for the other players.. she's one of the nicest players around..
and thats why i respect her so much. :)
She is one of the nicest players on tour, I don't think I ever heard her say anything bad about anyone.

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
Ok, rude was a bit too strong, but perhaps not the best move she could have made. Like I said, she's young, was overcome with emotion, I can understand that. I just don't like to see players have a massive celebration before they shake at the net, I don't care what player it is. Daniela was very nice at the net so it seems not to have bothered her, so all is well.

·
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
20,453 Posts
selesfan said:
She is one of the nicest players on tour, I don't think I ever heard her say anything bad about anyone.

i dont think i EVER saw her mad or angry before! hahaha

what happen with Graf and Seles MirjannaFan...???? i think i was a youngster backt then... :p

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
beauty_is_pink said:
Yeah but try asking for a picture. At ANY time too.

On another note, where's GrahamD? You'd think he'd be posting away, huh?

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
beauty_is_pink said:

what happen with Graf and Seles MirjannaFan...???? i think i was a youngster backt then... :p
She was mad when Dennis Overberg gave her a point penalty on match point at Acura, but it was more of a seething quiet anger than an outburst.

As for the Steffi-Monica thing......it was about the same circumstances as today, except it was winning a grand slam, not a 2nd round match. Steffi was running down a shot that went long and she just kept running straight ahead to her family and hugged her mom and brother before going to the net to shake Monica's hand. Steffi is my all-time favorite, but I still think she should have gone to the net and shaken hands and then gone and hugged everybody. It was a warm moment at the net between these champions anyways, so it wasn't a problem.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Tratree said:
She was mad when Dennis Overberg gave her a point penalty on match point at Acura, but it was more of a seething quiet anger than an outburst. She handed very well though.

As for the Steffi-Monica thing......it was about the same circumstances as today. Steffi was running down a shot that went long and she just kept running straight ahead to her family and hugged her mom and brother before going to the net to shake Monica's hand. Steffi is my all-time favorite, but I still think she should have gone to the net and shaken hands and then gone and hugged everybody. It was a warm moment at the net between these champions anyways, so it wasn't a problem.
That wasn't a problem because Steffi won a slam, I think most players celebrate before the handshake when they win the whole thing.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts