Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
15,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as much as she cries during points she is going to piss soak her nike panties to a complete wet mess. :tape:

I like Daniela's game but come on those tears are beginning to get ridiculous!

·
Registered
15,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She needs a pocket for her tissues cause she cries over the simplest thing. I wonder how she'll handle her tears tomorrow?

·
Banned
39 Posts
Daniela... against a talented, but lower ranked player... in a night match at the US Open.

This has the makings for Daniela completely cracking.

I have to watch. :p

·
Registered
15,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I want Daniela to win, but that crying like someone ran off with her red radio flyer wagon is a bit silly and just way too much.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Dawn Marie said:
I want Daniela to win, but that crying like someone ran off with her red radio flyer wagon is a bit silly and just way too much.
so when serena cried in front of the media after exiting roland garros, was that silly too?

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
Gospodin said:
so when serena cried in front of the media after exiting roland garros, was that silly too?
No, she was crying because of a rude and raucous crowd, not because she can't close out matches.

·
Registered
115 Posts
so how is that different? is it more mature to cry about getting offended by other people than it is to cry for a feeling of self failure?

·
Keeper of Secrets
9,288 Posts
I understand why players cry after a match and I'll understand if she was a rookie, but she isn't.....

Hantuchova needs to get it together and show us she has learned from her experience at Wimbly, right now she is an emotional basket case!

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
I agree, I like Daniela but that was painful to watch.

I think she really has problems. I don't have a way to know but it seems to me she is under a huge preasure, from her coach, her family, the media or whoever it is.

I really don't like her coach, during practices, every time Daniela missed a shot he would criticize her, but not constructive criticism, just putting her down. She would tell you that she hit the wrong shot but wouldn't tell her what the right shot was supposed to be. Daniela looked like afraid of missing or doing something wrong, and remember how he leaves the court if she isn't playing well.

Daniela is very emotional, probably one of the most emotional players I've seen and as Tracy Austin said, with that attitude she is going nowhere, she needs to learn to control her emotions and I don't think her coach is helping her, quite the opposite (I think he is the root of the problem).

I also believe her weight problem is tied to this.

I remember last year in Montreal, when she was losing to Amelie easily and somehow managed to come back, she couldn't help but smile, not a normal smile, it was really her emotions flowing, like she couldn't control it, the same happens with the crying.

She wasn't crying because she was afraid of losing, she was crying because she was missing, and she is not allowed to miss, I think that's what her coach has lead her to think.

I really believe she needs time off, forget about the rankings, get a psychologist and get rid of that coach.

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
Gospodin said:
so how is that different? is it more mature to cry about getting offended by other people than it is to cry for a feeling of self failure?
Well when you have had that type of thing happen to you throught your life and tennis career you will have a breaking point at some time. Once in a blue moon for Serena, but three times in like four months ON THE COURT for Dani.

·
Registered
115 Posts
sunset said:
I understand why players cry after a match and I'll understand if she was a rookie, but she isn't.....
so you're saying that it is inappropriate for her to show emotion because she is no longer a rookie? where is this code of conduct written? i would like to read it some time.

Hantuchova needs to get it together and show us she has learned from her experience at Wimbly, right now she is an emotional basket case!
hantuchova does not need to show you anything. she owes you nothing. your standards of decorum are not for her to conform to. if she wants to cry, judge her a crybaby all you want. but for you to state that she needs to prove anything to you is bullshit.

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
and i suppose that you have all felt the full force of media scrutiny over how you look. you people are being ignorant to think that she's just crying because she's not playing her best. you all love to rant about her eating disorders and associated appearance and then don't even contemplate the fact that maybe she is depressed by either people saying this when it's not true or because it is true, combined with the fact that she's having a shit year. think about, her losing these tight matches just fuels speculation about her health, and i'm sure she is more than aware of this fact.

hantuchova is not one of my big favourites, but i just think that you people have to put some issues into perspective instead of simply criticising a 19 year-old girl for crying.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Knizzle said:
Well when you have had that type of thing happen to you throught your life and tennis career you will have a breaking point at some time. Once in a blue moon for Serena, but three times in like four months ON THE COURT for Dani.
and that makes her conduct inappropriate? by what standard? do you know what's going through her head? do you know her problems enough to judge her personality such as to deem showing emotion inappropriate? have you ever had the chance to actually know and experience what you're talking about or are you just filling in the details with assumptions enough to conclude that she is indeed immature?

people seem to forget that these tennis players are people, different people with different lives. do you know hantuchova enough to actually judge her? and mind you, you are not judging her tennis here, you are judging her as a person.

what right have you to judge her?

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
switz said:
and i suppose that you have all felt the full force of media scrutiny over how you look. you people are being ignorant to think that she's just crying because she's not playing her best. you all love to rant about her eating disorders and associated appearance and then don't even contemplate the fact that maybe she is depressed by either people saying this when it's not true or because it is true, combined with the fact that she's having a shit year. think about, her losing these tight matches just fuels speculation about her health, and i'm sure she is more than aware of this fact.

hantuchova is not one of my big favourites, but i just think that you people have to put some issues into perspective instead of simply criticising a 19 year-old girl for crying.
Repp'd. :dance:

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
Knizzle said:
and serena never cried when she lost to venus either did she? 2001 US Open she definitely did

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
Gospodin said:
and that makes her conduct inappropriate? by what standard? do you know what's going through her head? do you know her problems enough to judge her personality such as to deem showing emotion inappropriate? have you ever had the chance to actually know and experience what you're talking about or are you just filling in the details with assumptions enough to conclude that she is indeed immature?

people seem to forget that these tennis players are people, different people with different lives. do you know hantuchova enough to actually judge her? and mind you, you are not judging her tennis here, you are judging her as a person.

what right have you to judge her?
I never said her crying was inappropriate!!! It's not unsportsmanlike or anything to cry on the court, but it's not helping her game to be crying during a match. It's such an obvious sign of weakness for her opponents, and if you yourself can stay calm and stop yourself from crying even though you want to very badly it will help your mental state in the match in the long run. You are taking my words far out of context just so you can disagree and argue with me.

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
switz said:
and serena never cried when she lost to venus either did she? 2001 US Open she definitely did
The match was over by then, and she cried at Wimbledon, I have the US Open on tape and I didn't see Serena crying besides during the trophy presentation when Venus sad some sappy sister things.

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
switz said:

exactly, she is only 19 and IMO very mentally unstable. Of course it's none of our business but when a person is a public figure, public scrutiny will happen.

If you read my post you will see that I blame others putting too much preasure on a 19 years old.

incidentally, another case where the AER shows its futility.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts