Tennis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Daniela Hantuchova... the young talented rising tennis star has been performing impressively over the last year!!! Her results against the current Top 10 players on the tour are incredible for a young player like her!! Daniela always put the current Top 10 player into a 3-set match......

Toronto 2001: J Capriati - D Hantuchova 5-7 7-5 6-2
Zurich 2001: L Davenport - D Hantuchova 3-6 6-1 6-1
Gold Coast 2002: J Henin - D Hantuchova 1-6 6-0 6-2
Aus Open 2002: V Williams - D Hantuchova 3-6 6-0 6-4

In fact, she has a win over Dokic at Leipzig 2001:4-6 7-6 6-0
(But I can't remember clearly whether Dokic was in the Top 10 at that time or not!!??)

The most interesting fact is that if Daniela got the first set from the Top 10 player, she eventually lost the match... On the other hand, if she lost the first set, she got the match!!!

I wonder who will be the next Top 10 player that Daniela can steal a set from? or beaten by her??

Anyway.. I hope Daniela will keep improving her tennis career in 2002!! And I am sure she will!!!

;) ;) ;)

·
Gone but Never Forgotten
9,486 Posts
Rome 2001: Mauresmo d. Hantuchova 6-2 3-6 6-3 ;)

I agree.....Daniela will have a great career!

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
I think we all agree that she needs to start winning some of those tight matches though.

·
Genie Bouchard of TF
108,153 Posts
yes i notice her great result against the top-players, i think she will go to the top15 end of the year!

go daniela go

maybe she will enter the top20 next week,

she is my favorit top30 player

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
I think Daniela will have a great career she has so much talent she will have a big win soon!

·
Registered
17,915 Posts
I like Daniela a lot, but as you all know, a player cannot advance in the sport just by taking one set in a match, even from the #1 player.

For now, it is too early to know if Daniela is going to be able to grab the bull by the horns and start WINNING these tight matches, or if she is doomed to stay forever in Kournikova-Testud World -- often winning a set from the top guns, rarely seeing it through to an actual win.

I hope it will be the former. :)

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
I don't know if the stat is necessarily as interesting as the fact, Daniela seems to play better against tougher opponents.

Now today she should have beat Francesca Schiavone but instead she lost in straight sets. Now why did that happen?

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
She may be losing to lesser players because she studies the games of only the top players. No player, Hantuchova included, has the luxury of studying the games of all players. So the top players are good enough to beat someone they know little about whereas Hantuchova isn't.

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
I don't get your point Bright Red. It wouldn't have cost anything for Daniela to have scouted a Schiavone match to have some sort of game plan against her.

It's not a luxury it;s a neccessity.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
I don't think that there is any 'should' about Hantuchova beating Schiavone.

It was a toss-up with Daniela being the favourite. Maybe she 'should' have won it, but I'm sure Francesca was thinking the exact same thing - and with very good reason.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts