Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think Daniela is going to drop out of top 10 soon....

·
Registered
991 Posts
not really a surprise. Fabiola is a great clay court player, but people have put so much pressure on Dani this year, if she doesn't do well at Wimbledon now, her time in the top 10 is over...for now. ;)

·
Momomental
8,576 Posts
I expected this too. Dani's been in a slump and Fabiola is excellent on clay.

I still say Dani needs to take a bit of a break and regroup. Forget about the points and get back the enjoyment of playing.

·
Banned
3,293 Posts
Looks like that.. She's been in as serious a slump as Jelena and playing on her worse surface doesn't help. The longer this continues, the more valid the assersion that she's over-hyped gets. I hope she will find her form back and stay in the top 10.

·
Premium Member
21,309 Posts
Yes something certainly is up (duh).

But dont forget Fabiola came close to beating her at the Aussie (on hardcourt no less), so she was always in with a shot on her preferred clay. She can be a very dangerous player and deserves her props too!

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i'm so happy that daniela lost... because she should've also lost to weingartner in fed cup...

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
As I posted in the scoring thread, I would have considered it an upset had Hantuchova won this match, especially given her recent form. Zuluaga's very good on the dirt, and it's good to see her steadily regaining her form. I thought she was headed for big things, certainly the top 20, before the shoulder injury sidelined her a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Daniela should work harder on her games, otherwise she may lose in RG in early rounds.
:cool:
She has reached QFs in 3 slams,excepts for RG.
:)

·
Registered
9,981 Posts
Not a BIG surprise, but doesn't sounds good at all.
At least she didn't lost as something like 2-6 1-6 to Ashley. Get yourself together, enjoy in playing tennis:)

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Actually this is the sophomore slump I expected from her. Being a Gold Exempt Player is harder than it looks. I believe Shaughnessy and Bedanova suffered from the same thing last year.

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
Dirt is an equalizer. Anyone can lose on clay, to almost anyone.

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
Its not surprising. I wouldnt say Hantuchovas slump is as bad as Dokics, she only losing to players that are good clay courters or are in good form. And also its her first match on clay i believe, so it takes some time to adjust to the surface. You dont want to face a player like Fabiola in those circumstances.

·
Banned
4,078 Posts
Experimentee said:
Its not surprising. I wouldnt say Hantuchovas slump is as bad as Dokics, she only losing to players that are good clay courters or are in good form. And also its her first match on clay i believe, so it takes some time to adjust to the surface. You dont want to face a player like Fabiola in those circumstances.
It's not her first match on clay. She lost to harkelroad in the quarters of Hilton Head and to Dementieva in the quarters of Amelia Island. I believe it is her first match on RED clay, unless the Fed cup tie was played on it.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I hope Danillea improves her form by RG because when shes playing her best she's a real threat to all the top players

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Sonja said:
I still say Dani needs to take a bit of a break and regroup. Forget about the points and get back the enjoyment of playing.

I couldn't agree more, Sonja.
I saw Daniela in antwerp this year and last year and there was just such a big difference.
LAst year she was obviously enjoying herself on court, she was so fresh and a pleasure to watch and this year she looked a bit bored, not happy at all (also during her training sessions, no smiles, no jokes...), just too serious...
She should take some time of and relax a bit. afterwards she might be able to enjoy herself again.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts