Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no doubt in my mind that Daniela is so much better than those two.

After the current reign of Capriati/Venus/Hingis/Davenport ends, it will long be Hantuchova dominating completely followed very far by Henin and Clijsters and Krasnoroutskaya.:eek:

I really think that Daniela is the best young player...far better then the Belgians and everyone else!

Mark me words....Daniela is the best!:bounce:

·
Registered
25,212 Posts
Daniela, Kim and Justine are al about the same age. Justine and Kim are top ten players, both have played in GS finals. Daniela is a long way from there. Maybe two years from now.

·
41,227 Posts
Arantxa's #1 Fan said:
I really think that Daniela is the best young player...far better then the Belgians and everyone else!
Get a life..and start a tenniscourse..because you clearly don't understand the game.

Hantuchova is really talented and I'm sure she will be absolute top. But I think she has as much talent as Henin or Clijsters.
Far better..pfff gimme a break.

·
Veelieve!!!
32,914 Posts
Geez, is the board too quiet for you?? I don't see the competition packing up any time soon... My goodness, so Daniela pushed 3 top players (Capriati, Davenport & V Williams) at different tournaments... Talk to me when she's won a title or 2, gotten to the Top 10 , and reached a grand slam final :p

·
10,772 Posts
She's a good player for sure, but not better yet. I think at the moment it goes
1. Kim
2. Justine
3. Daniela
But she could possibly take over Justine within a year or two.

·
Registered
13,089 Posts
You are completely wrong!!!!!!!

Kim and Justine are much better than Daniela, not that Daniela isn't a good player but Kim and Juju are simply better!!!!

Who went on the final at Roland Garros and losing 12-10 in the third set against Capriati???????? Daniela, no KIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who went in the Wimbledon's final??????? Daniela, no Justine

Who went onto the semi-final at the 2001 Masters losing to Davenport 7-6 in the third?????? Daniela, no KIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who has already won 6 Sanex WTA Tournaments (since 99)???????? Daniela, no Kim!!!!!!!!!

Who has already won 4 Sanex WTA Tournaments????? Daniela, no Justine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who is the Current number 5 of the world????????? Daniela, no KIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who was Number 5 during two or three weeks??????????? Daniela, no Justine!!!!!!!!!

Who went on to the Semi Final of this Aussie Open???????? Daniela, no KIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who hasn't won a Sanex WTA Tournament yet?????????? Kim, NO!!!!!!!!!!!! Justine, NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT DANIELA!!!!!!!!!

Who is the younger of these three??????? Daniela, no KIM!!!!!!!

So, I think Kim and Justine are very good in tennis and beter at that moment and they will be also very good in years!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, I think Daniela will be also a great player!!!!

·
10,772 Posts
wow ... and who says repetition doesn't get the message across....

·
Registered
15,274 Posts
She is not better yet but from what I seen this girl can very well be #1. And not because she took a set off Venus but because she has nice strokes and changes the ball direction very well. Also she has mental toughness. This girl is the real deal and will be in top ten for sure.

Though she is not better then Kim or Justine right now She has the goods to beat them and even be ranked higher. But not just yet.

·
Momomental
8,576 Posts
I like all three but right now Kim and Justine are in a league of their own. I think Daniela does have the stuff to be right up there with them though.

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
Well, obviously, Kim & Justine are better than Daniela right now. But I wouldn't be suprised if Daniela ends up with more titles eventually. Only time will tell!

·
Moderator - Juniors
13,519 Posts
I think Daniela has the *potential* to be better than Kim and Justine, but I don't think she's above their level yet, for the reasons already stated.

It's nothing to do with her game itself, but simply a matter of experience levels. While Kim and Justine were already starting to play WTA events on a fairly steady basis, Daniela was still developing her game into what it is now in the challengers. Her rise has not come as quickly, but it's been steady jumps up each year. I think the fact that she's already started to give pretty much every top player a pretty tough match shows her potential, because a lot of people without experience really have let downs in the big matches early on, whereas Daniela's not done that. Also, she's got a mixed slam, a slam doubles final, and tonight she's playing for a spot in another mixed final, which proves that she's definetly got the all court talent and variety, along with power and speed.

I think in the next 2 years we'll probably see Daniela up there with Kim and Justine, but they're still above Daniela right now.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
Ì don`t think Hantuchova is even number 3, There is still a player called Jelena Dokic who is in the top 10 and also 18 years old. she misses one grand slam and she is forgotten already. that`s quick!:eek:

·
Registered
15,274 Posts
Sonja that is a beautiful pic of Amelie, very soft and so natural and feminine. I think that is the best picture I have ever seen of her.:)

·
Registered
333 Posts
@Come-on-Kim:

I agree completely with your arguments.

Daniela is a good player, but it´s quite arrogant to say of her that she plays better than two great top-ten-players!!!!:eek:

·
Registered
88 Posts
How true, Irma!
My initial reaction to this thread was similar to everyone elses'.
I mean, NO WAY should either Kim or Justine be dissed like that. Both have worked very hard and had pretty damn great success already. I realized though, that I have to keep in mind, someone is just boasting about their player . (Which most of us would do). (Common sense is not always an issue when thinking of a fave player)! lol

(I do wonder though......why they haven't come back to defend themself?? Perhaps the truth has been told)! ;)

·
Registered
16,198 Posts
Maybe in some years from now, she will be at more or less the same level, but now Kim and Justine are in a different league, Kim maybe 3 leagues higher as Daniela!

But Daniela certainly has the game and the body to compete with them in a couple of years.

·
Registered
15,226 Posts
Totally agree with you Come-on-kim... right now both Justine and Kim are a lot better than Daniela and I think both of them will stay better than her. She might have a chance to catch up with Justine but Kim is in a league of her own right now when you compare her to Justine and Daniela.

It's true that Daniela has potential but potential is only good when you actually turn it into something. Whoever said she's going to be better than Kim and Justine ( that person is crazy btw) should wait until Daniela has at least won a title to make such claims!!

·
Team WTAworld, Destroyer of the Ring
5,336 Posts
I liked Daniela from the first day I saw her play and I'm pretty sure she's gonna be a top player, but I don't like these fanatics who take every advantage to diss other players by saying things that are just crazy. Maybe this person has a cristal ball or something. :confused:

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Daniela IS good,but saying she's better than Kim or Justine?
how old is Daniela again?hmmmm...
*not convinced*:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts