Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Eurosport.com

Swiss Fed Cup squad member Daniela Casanova has been forced to retire at the age of 19 because of a persistent foot injury

:sad:

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
very sad for young player--young shouldnt injue-guess she was--maybe not--hope good life after tennis casanova lady

·
Registered
9,173 Posts
You can't be serious... She's such an unbelievable player :eek:

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
This is sad news. But why retire? Maybe she should just take the rest of the year off. What is the problem with her foot?

·
Registered
12,094 Posts
Central said:
You can't be serious... She's such an unbelievable player :eek:
You must be confusing her with Myriam, her sister. Daniela wasn't as good as her sister... But its still sad :sad:

I hope she decides to comeback one day like Eva Dyrberg and etc..

·
Registered
9,173 Posts
No, I'm not confusing her with her sister. I had the chance to talk with her at least year's Wimbledon where she played the junior competition, and I found her really lovely, and a very good player, hard to understand being that low ranked.

·
Premium Member
181,840 Posts
poor Daniela :(
sad news indeed

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
Even before Myriam "grew alot wider" this year :eek: she was taller by far, though Dani is actually about a year older. SUI may be fucked re. int'l play now. Patty and Myriam played all 5 matches vs. SWE because MGM's family is "not on speaking terms" with their Fed. Myriam sure ain't in shape for that @ present (Wonder if Manu was injured or just dosen't like their Fed like Rita, Silvia, and Francesca don't in Italy)? BTW, my info is that Melanie didn't just threaten to dump Myriam re. conditioning, but actually did so! :eek:

·
Registered
9,173 Posts
In French... Swisstennis.com :sad:

Daniela Casanova range ses raquettes
Déjà orphelin de Martina Hingis, le tennis féminin helvétique a perdu une nouvelle joueuse. Daniela Casanova a en effet décidé de raccrocher en raison d'une blessure chronique.

Agée de 19 ans, Daniela Casanova a dû se résoudre au pire, soit mettre un terme à sa carrière. La soeur aînée de Myriam est amoindrie depuis plusieurs mois par une inflammation au pied droit. Elle ne rejouera au tennis que dans le cadre des interclubs avec son club de Grasshoppers.

Le tennis faisant maintenant partie du passé, Daniela Casanova va reprendre le chemin des bancs d'école. Elle reprendra en effet ses études dans quelques mois afin d'obtenir une maturité. (TXT/Photo: EQ Images)

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
Sad for her.

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
ohh too bad. does anyone have her picture?? i never seen her before!

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
No wonder I haven't seen her in action for quite awhile now.:( Good luck in your future plans, Daniela!:)

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
very much look like ashley--go to my school--mayvbe ashley dont retires--would help needed

1 - 20 of 32 Posts