Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
In my new place!!
22,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quite different sets, congrats on pulling it out Dani.. Did anyone see the match? If so what was the difference in the sets :confused:

·
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
20,453 Posts
congrats Daniela :hug: you did great!!!!!!!! :bounce: :worship:

i HATE moon balls!!!!!!!​
:fiery:

·
Registered
19,358 Posts
Dani :D :D

·
Registered
639 Posts
:bounce: :D
Vakulenko had a lot of ue in the 1st.. in the second she started to moonball and dani had trouble.. look like she almost cried..

·
Registered
17,922 Posts
The end of the match was painful to watch!!! Julia started moonballing Dani & Dani did not know how to cope. She moonballed back! She looked like she might burst into tears at any moment! A better player would have taken advantage of her bewilderment, but Julia gave the match away with errors in the end, and boy was Dani relieved. Then she told Michael Barkann that she had never played anyone who did that to her before and she had no idea what to do! Well she'd better go out and practice against a moonballer, because everyone knows now what to do to confuse her. :)

She did say she felt she had played well in the first set, and that she is hitting the ball well in practice. But her emotional fragility was so apparent with all the close-ups of her bewildered face. She certainly did not look like an eager competitor, but like a scared one. It was sad to see. :sad:

·
Banned
86 Posts
janie said:
The end of the match was painful to watch!!! Julia started moonballing Dani & Dani did not know how to cope. She moonballed back! She looked like she might burst into tears at any moment! A better player would have taken advantage of her bewilderment, but Julia gave the match away with errors in the end, and boy was Dani relieved. Then she told Michael Barkann that she had never played anyone who did that to her before and she had no idea what to do! Well she'd better go out and practice against a moonballer, because everyone knows now what to do to confuse her. :)

She did say she felt she had played well in the first set, and that she is hitting the ball well in practice. But her emotional fragility was so apparent with all the close-ups of her bewildered face. She certainly did not look like an eager competitor, but like a scared one. It was sad to see. :sad:
Go Tammy.

There's no reason for a person of Daniela's age to act that way on the court. I hope she feels embarassed.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
It was funny to me, her making such distressed faces into the camera. Even the commentator chuckled in disbelief at one face in particular she made. Someone who is supposed to be caring such heavy burdens shouldn't be out there on the court. People's sympathy is wearing off fast.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
G_Slammed said:
It was funny to me, her making such distressed faces into the camera. Even the commentator chuckled in disbelief at one face in particular she made. Someone who is supposed to be caring such heavy burdens shouldn't be out there on the court. People's sympathy is wearing off fast.
maybe she doesn't want to give up.

it's her party and she cries if she wants too!

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
I really like Dani and I'm glad she won. :) But her near meltown against an average player like Julia Vakulenko is unacceptable! :mad: And fpr Dani to say she was unprepared to be moonballed is understandable. But I can't believe no one has ever moonballed Dani before in a tennis match. She was leading 6-3 in the second set tirbreak and lost a point to make it 6-4 Hantuchova. Dani still had 2 match points but it looked like she was going to start to cry and she still had 2 match points! :eek: She needs a new coach or some additional help from IMG.

I don't think Tanasugarn will moonball Dani. She can outhit Dani. And I understand that Dani was surprised that Vakulenko a stapping girl who probably outweighs Dani by 35 pounds would resort to moonballing. But Dani was still in control of the amtch and she should not have started to crumble like that. Amd like Janie said, a better player would have taken full advantage of Dani's mental frailty and beaten her.

·
Registered
312 Posts
There is really no reasont to break down like that, she was up one set and on serve. Boy is moon balling ugly to watch, i wish to see Dani drive the frigging balls into Julia, but she started lobbing too :eek:
The end of the match handshake was icy, julia purposely delayed it too. Don't suppose they'd be doubles partners in the future. :lol:

·
Banned
1,735 Posts
Like Tracy said, that kind of mental fragility is not going to win you matches. When she meets the better players she can hang it up unless she gets her head together. :mad:

·
Registered
12,108 Posts
No offence, but Tracy sucks, and I hope I don't have to listen to her agin next year at Wimbledon, cause man does she know how to annoy the crap outa me!!

anyway, Daniela won, that's all that matters

ciao MandY

·
Registered
312 Posts
I think Tracy Austin is hot :wave: :notworthy:

·
Banned
86 Posts
Cujo said:
There is really no reasont to break down like that, she was up one set and on serve. Boy is moon balling ugly to watch, i wish to see Dani drive the frigging balls into Julia, but she started lobbing too :eek:
The end of the match handshake was icy, julia purposely delayed it too. Don't suppose they'd be doubles partners in the future. :lol:
I would bitch-slap anyone who acts like Daniela during a match.

But, my behavior is known to be quite unique.

·
Registered
12,108 Posts
If I was nigel i would walk up to her, bitch slap her in the face and yell: WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM!!?? PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER AND START HITTING THOSE BEAUTIFUL BACKHANDS DOWN THE LINE!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts