Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dani will now play Katarina Srebotnik in the second round, after Srebotnik totally destroyed Cho 6-3, 6-0.
If I'm right, I don't think Dani's ever lost to Srebotnik before. And the last time they played it was a straight set win for Dani! :bounce:
So, Go Daniela, kick some butt!!!

·
Registered
12,473 Posts
This time last year she'd surely thrash Srebotnik, but they the way things are now, I'm sad to say it, but I agree with Danniball :sad:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
:sad: :sad: :sad:
if she doesn't wanna be out there playing, then of course she'll loose, against anybody :sad:

·
Registered
12,473 Posts
Thats a fair point :sad: and once more raises the big question: Why on earth she won't take a break from tennis from a while? Why is she still playing, when the desire is clearly not there? Could there be someone or something pushing her into playing all these matches, against her will? So many questions, and the more she plays, the answers become unclearer and unclearer.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, if we're all being honest here, then I will be too.
No, I don't think Dani's going to win. :awww: I don't think she'll ever win if she doesn't want to be out there.
No, I don't think she should even play tennis right now. :sad:
:zzz: This is what you need Dani!
It's obvious that she has some kind of psychological problem, why isn't the people around her trying to help her? :help: :help:
But, as a fan of Dani's what else can we do other than support her and hope that she win her matches???

·
Registered
12,473 Posts
They won't do nothing to help her if she won't accept that nothing is wrong. If she insists she is fine, then they have no choice but to accept that :sad:
I agree that Dani needs some :zzz: :)

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
eddyday said:
They won't do nothing to help her if she won't accept that nothing is wrong. If she insists she is fine, then they have no choice but to accept that :sad:
I agree that Dani needs some :zzz: :)

and this is what her team needs :smash::smash::smash:

:devil:

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
have a litlle faith people! im not saying daniela's gona win all the way but i do believe she can win this match! she beat srebotnik in straight sets (i believe) in indian wells this year and im sure she can do it again. and about her lacking the zest to play, i duno, i just dont buy that. imo, it's the other way around. people want her to stop playing but she's just to stubborn. ...but then again, i wasnt there to see things for myself. *shrugs*

·
Registered
12,473 Posts
maybe, we do need a little faith, and maybe she will walk this match, and then there will be a little cause for celebration :) And if she loses...I don't think things can get any gloomier than they are now :sad:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
chapel said:
have a litlle faith people! im not saying daniela's gona win all the way but i do believe she can win this match! she beat srebotnik in straight sets (i believe) in indian wells this year and im sure she can do it again. and about her lacking the zest to play, i duno, i just dont buy that. imo, it's the other way around. people want her to stop playing but she's just to stubborn. ...but then again, i wasnt there to see things for myself. *shrugs*

right now it doesnt matter if dani has beaten this girl before, right now what matters is dani's pshychological state. That's why we dont think dani could make it :sad:

·
Registered
829 Posts
There is no reason to doubt. Besides, I've seen a recent picture of her mingling with other players... she was smiling! :)

Go Daniela. Enjoy yourself

·
Registered
12,473 Posts
Her psycological problems are not gonna go away on thier own and only a good holiday will get her fresh, and ready to start truly competing and being a threat again. The way Dani is now- shes a sitting duck for any opponent, well thats my opinion anyway

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is what Dani said during the All Access Hour at the Acura Classic
"Physically I feel Fine," Hantuchova said. "I have played a lot of 3 set matches lately and I always feel physically fine afterwards. My friends and people around me know that I have always been like this. I can eat whatever I want and I can't gain weight. Right now, my problem is more mental than physical. I am unable to play in my matches like I do in my practices."

·
Banned
9 Posts
eddyday said:
Thats a fair point :sad: and once more raises the big question: Why on earth she won't take a break from tennis from a while? Why is she still playing, when the desire is clearly not there? Could there be someone or something pushing her into playing all these matches, against her will? So many questions, and the more she plays, the answers become unclearer and unclearer.
Here's my guess:
After the last months bad results and talk she desperately wants to prove she can win. What better way is there to show the world her present physique is not an obstacle in her way to victory. She wants to remain as thin as she is and still show the world she can win. Then she can lean back and say "I was right all the time. I showed you".

In her dreams. This is the way an eating disordered person would think, and I believe participating in all these competitions is fully her own choice, her team can only be blamed for not stopping her. Then again, that would be a difficult decision for her team to do, because Daniela would probably get even more depressed by not having the chance to prove she can win. Which would be her absolute biggest loss this year. I also fear that would make her fall into a long depression, which could make her way back towards the top very long and complicated.

However, if she against all odds should advance to a final again, her mood would be on top again, which would be the best start of the work against her fear of getting a little heavier.

·
Registered
829 Posts
OK people... lets quit the speculating because the bottomline is we really dont know anything. We've had enough of that already. Lets just as fans that we are, enjoy her career and hope that she is too. Really, its all we can do.

·
Registered
679 Posts
she's looking much more relaxed in the photos than i've seen her for a while. Maybe because the press has left her alone for 5 minutes.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
kysersoze said:
she's looking much more relaxed in the photos than i've seen her for a while. Maybe because the press has left her alone for 5 minutes.
yeah, poor girl :sad: :sad: :sad:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts