Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lets be postive folks. i'm not a full-on hardcore fan of dani truth is i'm more of a russian supporter but come on. dani will get out of this. have confidence in her, not just that she will get out of her slump and all the problems she is having but in her matches. give her the respect her talent deserves and be positive when she goes into matches even if you don't think she'll win. a true fan supports their player no matter what is happening. so instead of saying this will be a tough match she may not get through it at least give her the respect her talent deserves and be positive. dani has a real good chance against any opponent.

c'mon Dani! I believe in you!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Gowza said:
lets be postive folks. i'm not a full-on hardcore fan of dani truth is i'm more of a russian supporter but come on. dani will get out of this. have confidence in her, not just that she will get out of her slump and all the problems she is having but in her matches. give her the respect her talent deserves and be positive when she goes into matches even if you don't think she'll win. a true fan supports their player no matter what is happening. so instead of saying this will be a tough match she may not get through it at least give her the respect her talent deserves and be positive. dani has a real good chance against any opponent.

c'mon Dani! I believe in you!

we know that she's got the talent to beat ANYBODY. Right now her problem is mental and we know that she will get out of this.And I have not seen anybody here at the CP that hasnt cheered her up before her matches. :bounce: :bounce:

:wavey:

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i read a post in this forum with someone saying they didn't think she would get past srebotnik in her last tournament. that doesn't sound like a fan who believes in her. she could come out of this slump anytime. you should believe she can win every match she plays.

btw, this is just another cheering thread i didn't make it to cause trouble and it wasn't directed at anyone. i'm not a regular in this thread and i just thought i would cheer you guys up.

·
Registered
829 Posts
:wavey: Hello Gowza!

Dont worry, we know you mean well. Its probably just because this whole 2003 season starting in Indian Wells have become a very big wake up call to Daniela's fans. Yes, we believe she has the talent to get to the top (hell she got into the top 10... hell she's STILL in the top 10) and that is never in doubt. However, situations and events this whole season leads us to reassess our expectations of her performance. I guess what I want to say is Dani fans DO believe in her, but we've become more realistic to the dynamics of the tour and to the dynamics of her career. That is why of late, you will notice that barely any CPers go running around in the GM or Tournament boards announcing Daniela's certain victory or anything about her (well that and the ton of idiot haters out there which we would rather not provoke therefore not need to ignore). This season has made us understand something, something that is lost on most Tennis fans when I observe the GM board. The people here are realistic, and this time we (at least most of us) look at Daniela Hantuchova and see less of a tennis icon and more of a human being who is struggling with life like the rest of us yet still worthy of admiration if only for the sheer entertainment of the sport and the mysterious joy that it gives when victory occurs (which is basically true for fans of any sporting figure). And that is why maybe, it is only in the CP you will find fans, real fans who might share negative ideas of her performance. Because its realistic. We would all very much love to see Daniela string her wins and get out of the slump, and believe it or not we really believe she can and WILL do it hopefully sometime soon. But in so saying, we also try our best not to delude ourselves of the reality that she is having problems right now, problems which we here will not speculate on as many do elsewhere because we don't know anything conclusive just like everybody else.

But if its all about belief... hell, I'll tell you right now that I believe she has the ability to win the US Open (I seriously do!). However, whether she will be able to do it is another question bound by so many probabilities and factors, things the people here at CP will leave for her to answer and resolve for herself. You may not see us bouncing around WTA World clamouring Daniela's impending glories, but we support her all the way, win or lose it doesn't matter because she doesn't need to prove anything to her fans.

Anyway thanks for dropping by and on topic, yeah, she's got tons of talent and we still believe in that. :)

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Gowza said:
give her the respect her talent deserves and be positive when she goes into matches even if you don't think she'll win. a true fan supports their player no matter what is happening. so instead of saying this will be a tough match she may not get through it at least give her the respect her talent deserves and be positive.
Gowza, thanks for your thoughts. There is no-one here in the CP that doesn't respect Dani, but we have to remain realistic. While we would love to say she is going to beat allcomers, that just ain't going to happen at the moment. We know she has the talent, she just needs a little time and space to pull everything together. If there is one thing her fans have, that is faith. We are all here because we believe in her, and we support her through all the bad times as well as the good times, that is why Dani is becoming more and more popular day by day and that speaks volumes for someone who isn't playing particularly well at the moment. Everyone recognises that she is very special and there is no questioning the faith, belief and respect that all of her fans hold for her.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
bracey said:
I haven't met one person on here who doesn't have faith in Dani.
I bought a Slovakia soccer shirt to show my support, no-one knows why I bought it but I like to keep my passion for her secret-it feels so much better that way.

now that's a FAN:haha:

That's not a bad idea at all, i might go and buy one for me too:lol:

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Hey! I haven't posted in this thread yet! :eek:

I've realized that whenever a tournament approaches, the topic on whether we have faith in her surfaces. And my conclusion is that it is just a mere difference in character. Some people are just more optimistic than others. But that doesn't make the realists any less of a die-hard Daniela fan! The fact that we are all willing to gather here and support her is a solid evidence of the firm belief we have in her. It also shows how similar we are despite our diversity. We all love her, and that is why we are here!! And I'm sure we will all stay even when a hurricane passes. Cause that is just who we all are! :angel:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
paycheck said:
Hey! I haven't posted in this thread yet! :eek:

I've realized that whenever a tournament approaches, the topic on whether we have faith in her surfaces. And my conclusion is that it is just a mere difference in character. Some people are just more optimistic than others. But that doesn't make the realists any less of a die-hard Daniela fan! The fact that we are all willing to gather here and support her is a solid evidence of the firm belief we have in her. It also shows how similar we are despite our diversity. We all love her, and that is why we are here!! And I'm sure we will all stay even when a hurricane passes. Cause that is just who we all are! :angel:

AMEN! PC :angel:

:bounce: GOOO DANKA!!! :bounce:

Reactions: paycheck

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
eddyday said:
Danka marq???? :confused: ;)
yup, that is a nickname. also danielka and danuska;)
mousee(one of our girls who is from slovakia) told us. :cool:

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
mousee = the voice of the CP :worship:

heehee :D ...and my nin/monksis :angel: ;)

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
bracey said:
I thought it was only her lover who called her "Danielka". I mean, we all love her, but her partner.

that's why I am calling her Danielka... :devil: :devil:

:haha:
dont get mad at me guys :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
marquinho_85 said:
that's why I am calling her Danielka... :devil: :devil:

:haha:
dont get mad at me guys :rolleyes:

shoot, you beat me :smash: that's what i wanted to say :mad: ;)

i REALLY call her danielka most of the time :angel:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.