Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Meilen Tu

Votes: 5 7.0%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread is dedicated to the women who no player on tour is going to want to see in their first round match.

1. Vera Zvonreva- All though she injured her foot this passed week, she has the rest of the week for it to heel and get ready for Wimby. She won her first tournament in well over a year. She is in form and I'd hate to see a top seed have to face off against her first round.

2. Jamea Jackson- You have to give it to her she is proving with each tournament she has entered this year that she wants to be at the top of tennis and I believe she's hungary for wins. I dont know about you guys but any player who can take out Maria Sharapova on grass is extremely dangerous.

3. Michaella Krajicek- She is having an excellent week on grass this week beating Flavia Pennetta along the way and is into the semifinals on her grass court tune up. She could give some top players a scare.

4. Elena Vesnina- Although she hasnt had the best results in her grass court tune up she has been named an upcoming player so you never know when she is going to make the big upset.

5. Karolina Sprem- She showed excellent form at Rolland Garros and she is hitting the ball well. She is going to be difficult to take out in the first round if she is hitting her ground shots as she was against Venus. Watch out!

6. Meilen Tu- She has found her grasscourt form late in her career. She made the semi's at Birgmingham and I believe she just made it through qualiying rounds. She has had plenty of matches on grass so that gives her an edge on other players.

All 6 of these women have showed good form on grass and could cause some early upsets. Who do you think will have the best tournament?

·
She's coming for your faves wigs
18,367 Posts
No one knows!

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
after taking out my maria, jamea has GOT to be a darkhorse.

Reactions: CrossCourt~Rally

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
agree

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
1. Michaella Krajicek, Vera Zvonreva
3. Jamea Jackson ,Vika Azarenka ,Shenay Perry ,Eleni Daniilidou
7. Romina Oprandi,Elena Vesnina ,Karolina Sprem

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Krajicek and Jackson are definitely going to be threats!

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
I want to add Shenay Perry to that list. Even though she lost in the second round of both Birmingham and Eastbourne, her game is deadly on grass.

And I can't wait to see what goods Romina Oprandi comes up with.

She was nearly dominate in the qualies and she could be a dangerous early-round opponent.

·
Registered
23,442 Posts
Assuming she is healthy I think Zvonareva could go far. She has the best game of all the choices.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
long shot but dushevina is potentially dangerous, last year in one of the warm-ups she beat mauresmo in straights and she ended up reaching the final losing to clijsters. she could have a good run, although i'm not expecting one but she could pull of an upset or 2.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,003 Posts
I don't see Krajicek beating any top players....or even pushing them.

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
I would rank them in order of dangerousness in the following manner...

1. Karolina Sprem
2. Vera Zvonereva
3. Jamea Jackson
4. Michaela Krajicek

The following to I would not categorize as dangerous...but would rank them as follows...

5. Meilen Tu - her career has been a disappointment, and I don't see it turning around this late.
6. Elena Vesnina - not yet...not by a long shot. (But I can always be wrong...)

BTW - these would not be my top choices.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was going to put Tammy on there but her game has been so incosistent and she seems to be having mental issues as of late. However if theres a place where she is going to pull off an upset it is going to be on grass. But I just dont see it happening this year.

·
Registered
7,906 Posts
Krajicek seems to love the grasscourts and she's going to have a breakthrough sooner or later. Jamea is looking good, too, but I'm wondering if her win over Maria won one off.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts