Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If my faves had been further on in their careers and preparing to transition into their non tennis lives, then I would have begun to ween myself, somewhat, of the presence of VENUS & SERENA and even begun to look for another active fave to root for, but I still would always be a Williams Tennis Association member for life though.

I have been to spoiled with my two fabulous faves and now, with this latest U.S. Open catastrophe, I am forced to be without them and just try and enjoy, to some extent, the play of the other competitors.

Perhaps, I will watch more of the mens competition, which will essentially be the Andy Roddick show, because I initially was a huge fan of mens tennis befor the age of the Fabulous Sisters.

I kind of wish that Anna K. had her game really together so that she could make a big run at the title and even play one of the Belgies in the final, but, alas, the Rocket threw her back out of wack with her favorite extrcurricular activity with her many athlete/entertainer partners.

But, one good thing, now I can spend more time working on my own fabulous tennis game or even begin to learn Windows 2003 with the TV time that I would use watching V&S play or the certain to be low rated womens finals.

TR :cool:

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
you can watch your loved cappy and kim;)

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No way. I can wash and polish my cars in that time. :p

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
your ferrari? see then your still think about our loved cinderella;)

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
You can cheer for Alexandra Stevenson :p But I think that you have to look for somebody else than after the first 2 days :D

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some of you are so cruel during my poor time of grief. :p :) LOL

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not any worthwhile suggestions so far. :lol:
I guess I'll just watch some of my old Grand slam tapes with a WILLIAMS in the final (not 2003 RG).

·
Registered
851 Posts
Chanda :hearts:

·
Banned
928 Posts
If you want to choose an young American player ?..........their is no much follow up!.........your country better adopt a few Russians before your country face the same problem as England on Wimbledon.

The Williams Sisters want play long.......because they can't accept a lose.

Harkleroad >(51) - USA - 18 yrs won 0 WTA titles

Next one is Cargill(91) - USA - 21 yrs and 1 1/2 year older then Kim Clijsters.
Same for Taylor(93) - USA - 21 yrs

- S Williams(2) - USA - 22 yrs next month
- Granville(37) - USA - 22 yrs
- Stevenson(33) - USA - 22 yrs
- V Williams(5) - USA - 23 yrs
- Shaughnessy(18) - USA 24 yrs
- Reeves(84) - USA - 24 yrs
- Davenport(4) - USA - 27 yrs
- Capriati(7) - USA - 27 yrs
- Rubin(9) - USA - 27 yrs
- Craybas(73) - USA - 29 yrs
- Seles(30) - USA - 29 yrs
- Raymond(29) - USA - 30 yrs
- Frazier(43) - USA - 1 30 yrs

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can not really back a Rooskie because we were at (cold) war with them for so long that a lot of us still see them as the enemy. Sad isn't it? :)

However, they do make nice vodka. :lol:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have an idea...why don't you go build a SHRINE for all the fanatics to visit after the sisters have retired?? YOU are also the perfect administrator for it. (heck, you were born to live each day worshipping the sisters) And later, after you are gone, the children of the these fanatics will make you a SAINT!!!

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
ELENA DEMENTIEVA!

Come on I want to try and convert all Williams fans to Dementieva fans if only for two weeks.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
wasn't there talk a few weeks ago about sharapova being the 3rd williams sister? i say go for sharapova. they have similar games.

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Just Go For All Russians! ;)

Reactions: Gowza

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
Tee, there's a "player" not listed in the draw that might suffice: Ms. Well Played Tennis. (And that not a potshot @ the W/S, who produce plenty, it's just that YOU are the one with the sig. about tennis being a game, right)? ;)

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
It's time Tee! It's Tee time! ;) It's time to root for the Russina's! :bounce:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts