Tennis Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:fiery: I hate the Media.

All I saw was the Headline: "Older Williams Sister Fatally Shot!"
And I lost it guys......I didn't read anymore, I assumed it was Venus.
Then after I gather myself and wiped away my tears....I cried again, In relief but still in disbelief that Yetunde was Gone.

This is Sad, but the media need to be careful of how they present stories!

May God be with their Family!! :angel:

:sad: :sad:

· Senior Member,
2,809 Posts
As I just wrote in a different thread, the BBC were saying "Williams Sister Shot Dead" accompanied by a picture of Serena and Venus together. They've since changed it.

:mad:

· Registered
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The British media is the worst, but i dont fault them b/c they may have not had the entire story.

but I am still in shock...and this just goes to show you Tennis is NOT so important you know?

Still in disbelief.

· Registered
22,221 Posts
It's utterly disgusting and disrespectful to the family
and to Yutunde's memory! :fiery:

I visited gotennis a minute
ago and here's the headline:
Sister of Serena, Venus Shot To Death :mad: :fiery:

· Registered
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is...they always do this.....i hate it.

They said, John Ritter, Dead at 54.......No respect
and the same with the Williams Family!!!!!!!

· Registered
710 Posts
I was fortunate to hear the news from the message board, so I didn't get the "innacurate" version the media is doing.
But my mom just called, and she also taught that Venus had been killed.
It is very sad that the media, is doing it on purpose. Just write the full name on the title, and not have people have heart attacks because they think that Venus or Serena was shot.
Although, the loss of Yetunde is also shocking, especially to the Williams/Price family.

· Registered
2,450 Posts
After I regained my sanity, I was disgusted by what I'd heard on tv also. On my local news channel, the broadcaster said "the elder of the Williams sisters has been shot to death"...then she went on to state that it was Yetunde. For a brief and horrifying moment I just knew that Venus had been killed. It was terrible. I still feel badly for their family right now because I know that they are close knit and this is a devestating loss for them. My prayers are with them in their time of need.

· Registered
14,307 Posts
I heard the news out of town at a family gathering and away from my computer. I heard it was Yetunde, but when I came home a friend called and said it was VENUS!!

I stated to myself.. no it is not Venus cause I woud have FELT it. Man the media is sick.. playing with our heads like this!!! I am sad for Yetunde and wish the family the best.

[email protected] it is a sad loss, but you'll all pull through and will get through this together.

Damn media!! Omg this is shocking.. as hell. I am numb.

· Registered
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've had serveral people call me today and tell me they heard Venus is dead.....and i had to correct them. Hearing your stories...further solidify the lack of respect and the quest for the AT Any Cost media rule.

It's really sad!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.