Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
25,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
. . . .Williams Sisters. :)

There are about 5948594859409120 million good reasons, but I have a freestyle list of my own:

-Best players in the world
-Two of the most talked about athletes ever
-On any given message board at any given time, @ least 50% of the threads are going to be about them.(almost 80% on this board.:))
-love them or hate them- nobody can really be neutral-Since they have been playing the game, they have always been in major contention of EVERY tournament they played-their poise is inspirational in how they deal with harsh criticism
-their love for family
-their love each other
-Serena is the most visible and most famous #1 player - ever
-their winning attitude
-their unapologetic attitude
-their beautiful smiles when questioned about lack of crowd support. :D
-their serves
-their groundstrokes
-their returns
-their finesse
-Even when they don't win, they assure their fans that everything is "ok"
-their crazy ass fans
-passionate haters who will stop at nothing but to criticize them :kiss:
-their championships
-their game faces
-charity work
-their fashion
-their style
-positive outlooks on life are incredible. Even when this thread turns to something negative by the "villagers", this Williams fan will still smile

Damn, it's just a good feeling being a Williams fan :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
I LOVE IT!!!!! :)

Reactions: kiwifan

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
lol, when was it a bad time to be a fan of the 'Williams sisters'?
If you think there ever was one, try being a fan for a day of any lower ranked inconsistent wonder for a change. :eek:

·
Registered
25,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
caelestia,
It's never really been a bad time, but now is especially a good time for me. :)

·
Registered
25,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
'cketta,

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
It is always good to be a fan of the williamses.....try being a fan of Alex.......talk about grey hair......

·
Registered
280 Posts
It 's time to be a Justine-fan: cause she shows she can cope the aggressive power with slice, topspin and technique :love:
It's time to be a Kim-fan: cause she shows that you don't need a GS, you don't need to beat the sisters to become the world number one :rolleyes:

·
Registered
25,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still smilining. . . .:)

·
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!
35,894 Posts
greg² said:
It 's time to be a Justine-fan: cause she shows she can cope the aggressive power with slice, topspin and technique :love:
It's time to be a Kim-fan: cause she shows that you don't need a GS, you don't need to beat the sisters to become the world number one :rolleyes:
eh sounds like "seperate thread" topics to me....:eek:

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Indeed. But ergo, if you're not a fan of the Williams sisters, it's a very BAD time to be a fan of women's tennis. And also a bad time to be on a message board that positively reeks of smug self-satisfaction.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
It's just easy to be a fan of the best player in the world. I like excitement.

·
Registered
25,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hendouble,
Today, I AM smiling with smug satisfaction. . . . :)

My players fought there way up the ranking and have established themselves as the most feared in the game.:)

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I'm sure you are. But for the 80% of people who aren't Williams fans, generating any kind of interest or enthusiasm for women's tennis is a bit of a tall order at the moment. And yet it's still more popular than the men's - unbelievable...

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
Pureracket said:
Hendouble,
Today, I AM smiling with smug satisfaction. . . . :)

My players fought there way up the ranking and have established themselves as the most feared in the game.:)
Exactly. Maybe you could explain why some of your fellow fans still do nothing but whine about how put-upon Venus and Serena are, then?

Oh, and as a Venus fan, I can safely say that being one is highly crappy right now. Damn little sisters. :mad:

·
Registered
139 Posts
I prefer smug-self satisfied Williams supporters (annoying as some may be) over those who bitch, whine and moan when anyone who isn't a Williams fan says something not entirely positive about their faves :rolleyes:

·
Registered
25,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hendouble,
Actually, it seems that those 80% who are not Willliams fans are doing something to support the sport. The finals of the Open was on prime time television where it did quite well, and the venues where they play have record attendance, so the "interest and enthusiasm" is coming from somewhere.

·
Registered
25,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sartrista7 said:
Exactly. Maybe you could explain why some of your fellow fans still do nothing but whine about how put-upon Venus and Serena are, then?

Oh, and as a Venus fan, I can safely say that being one is highly crappy right now. Damn little sisters. :mad:
Sartrista,
I never said that that the fans who complain about "how put-upon Venus and Serena are" are wrong. . . . .LOL You'd have to ask them. This thread is not in a binary opposition to theirs.
:wavey:

One good thing we can say about Venus, though, is that if she recovers, she should definitely have a shot at #1 this time next year. She will be defending "zero" points. Knowing Queen Vee, though, she'll make some kinda decision to skip the hardcourt season. . . .LOL.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I can definitely see where it would be even more frustrating to be a Venus fan than just a general non-Williams fan :lol:

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Oh yes, I was really speaking personally when I talked about the inability to gain interest and enthusiasm. But it must feel a little hollow to those who do attend the all-Williams contests, knowing that their own favourite players will never get a chance to achieve big things as long as those two are around. Think of all the dozens of good, talented players out there who will never win Grand Slam titles because they can't match that same standard. It's too depressing for words.

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
Pureracket said:
Sartrista,
I never said that that the fans who complain about "how put-upon Venus and Serena are" are wrong. . . . .LOL You'd have to ask them. This thread is not in a binary opposition to theirs.
:wavey:

One good thing we can say about Venus, though, is that if she recovers, she should definitely have a shot at #1 this time next year. She will be defending "zero" points. Knowing Queen Vee, though, she'll make some kinda decision to skip the hardcourt season. . . .LOL.
I'm beyond caring about No 1, I just want her to kick Serena's ass :mad: And win Wimbledon again.

Hendouble, I just wish my other faves were in the position of just being blocked by the Williamses... ;)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts