Tennis Forum banner

Damir dumps Jelena

2K views 45 replies 31 participants last post by  Andre@ 
#1 ·
THE volatile father of tennis star Jelena Dokic has severed all ties with her, a newspaper said.

"I never want to see (Jelena) again," Damir Dokic told The Sydney Morning Herald from Belgrade.

"She left us. We don't need her."

The paper said Mr Dokic blamed the feud on his 20-year-old daughter's relationship with Brazilian racing car driver Enrique Bernoldi, describing him as "that idiot".

"Everybody says he's a Formula One driver, but he is no-one, nothing. (Jelena) supports him," he told the paper.

Mr Dokic also described his decision to relocate his family from Australia to Serbia and Montenegro in 2001 as his "biggest mistake".

JELENA Dokic admitted she wasn't quite used to being without her father.

#2 ·
Good Riddence.

Maybe Jelena will become a better woman because of this. :)

#5 ·
drama drama drama. :rolleyes: sayonara, damir the dumbass!

#8 ·
I wonder what Father's Day gift Damir will get from Jelena? :devil: Honestly, Jelena is much better off. Her father is a complete loser who has done nothing, but sponge off of his daughter's talent. Ironically, Damir has accused Jelena's boyfriend of doing the same. Perhaps Damir is a little peeved that he no longer has a daughter to use and abuse.

I've been in Jelena's situation. She may feel awkward now, but in time, she will be much happier without her father.

#10 ·
oh, but that is sad to hear a father say about his daughter.
I agree that Jelena is better off without her abusive father in the mix. but it must sadden her too, to not have a good relationship with him.

I hope that in the future they are able to have some sort of rapprochement. mainly for Jelena's sake.

#11 ·
RichardJ said:
"She left us. We don't need her."
If I had a new smiley to create, I'd create one called "Mr. Denial"

#12 ·
apoet29 said:
I've been in Jelena's situation. She may feel awkward now, but in time, she will be much happier without her father.
What happened in your situation apoet29?

#14 ·
I guess the clown has finally realized that the circus has closed and the clown is bitter. I feel for all of them, any family that goes through this kinda drama is always hurting in more ways than one. I think he should have tried to improve her relations with her peers and instead she missed australian open twice cos of him.

I think she should have just played tennis instead of the drama. Now it makes sense as to why she plays so much, it's better than being in that damm house with him for any length of time, huh?

#15 ·
I think that having her father out of her life will be very benificial for Jelena, although I am sure that this has to be very hard for her. However, Damir was more of a liability than a father, because he put so much attention on himself that Jelena had to constantly defend his actions instead of concentrating on her tennis. Now with him out of her life Jelena will hopefully be able to put the focus back on her game and finally perform to her potential. Good luck to her!

#16 ·
I'm just wondering where this came from... Is there a link to this?

#18 ·
WATEVER!!! Damir has given Jelena everything. He gave her life and the skills to play tennis and for Jelena to blow him off and her family for some stupid bernadi bitch is just stupid. I would never do that! Damir did some horrible things but he got her str8 and she was accomplishing a whole lot more than she is with Heinz Gutzhard, which I think she needs to dump (aka 2001 compared to 2003). She said a couple of months, she doesnt have a couple of months because the french open is in 2 week. She cant play like this. I blame it totally on Heinz and Bernadi. And her comments about venus and how her and heinz are trying to work on different attack techniques to compare with the williams sister, Fuck that she cant even beat a top 20 player, thus compete w/Venus or Serena.

GET DAMIR BACK JELENA, HES THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN REVIVE YOU CAREER

#19 ·
jbone_0307 said:
WATEVER!!! Damir has given Jelena everything. He gave her life and the skills to play tennis and for Jelena to blow him off and her family for some stupid bernadi bitch is just stupid. I would never do that! Damir did some horrible things but he got her str8 and she was accomplishing a whole lot more than she is with Heinz Gutzhard, which I think she needs to dump (aka 2001 compared to 2003). She said a couple of months, she doesnt have a couple of months because the french open is in 2 week. She cant play like this. I blame it totally on Heinz and Bernadi. And her comments about venus and how her and heinz are trying to work on different attack techniques to compare with the williams sister, Fuck that she cant even beat a top 20 player, thus compete w/Venus or Serena.

GET DAMIR BACK JELENA, HES THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN REVIVE YOU CAREER
omg lol...worst post ever :eek:

#21 ·
Ciao Ciao Damir!

#22 ·
Thanks RichardJ - that article is harsh and he'll some day regret those words or die a lonely bitter old man.

Pathetic!

#25 ·
You must not be looking at her current results! In 2001, when damir was w/her she won like 3 titles and made the finals of 3. This year she has yet to make it to a final and losing to low calibar players like tulyganova, raymond, danillidu, shaughnessy, and the list goes on

#26 ·
jbone_0307 said:
You must not be looking at her current results! In 2001, when damir was w/her she won like 3 titles and made the finals of 3. This year she has yet to make it to a final and losing to low calibar players like tulyganova, raymond, danillidu, shaughnessy, and the list goes on
So having better tennis results is a reason to put up with a drunken abusive father who obviously needs serious psychiatric help? Glad to know you have your priorities straight.

Besides, there could be many other reasons for Jelena's lack of success lately. It's unreasonable to assume that Damir's presence is all she needs to play well again. There could be dozens of other factors you're not taking into account, of which none of us knows anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.