Tennis Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
7,502 Posts
Like if they achieved some threshold like 25...
I think it won't be easy to get to 25, but it may allow also trolls or haters to gang up on someone who doesn't deserve a ban. There are also a couple of pretty large fanbases out there who would be more likely to "vote out" a user inconvenient to them, while some of them will continue to drag players with smaller fanbases, who may not have the same "fire power" to kick out an inconvenient hater.

Also, how would you make the vote:
- open vote would mean you can see who voted you (or a friend of yours) out, which would aggravate the hate among users
- hidden vote would mean us, as mods/admins, won't know who cast those votes: for all we know it can be a lot of trolls, haters and worst of all, double accounts

I think instead of polls with a threshold of 25, you're better off with just 5 exposing reports, proving the guy is a troll or a flamer based on his/her activity here and there. As seen in this latest case, we didn't need more than 1-2 reports from some of you putting one of his posts against another, proving the guy's only intention was to spark controversy.

·
Registered
869 Posts
The trolling in GM from some has been ridiculous the last couple weeks particularly the one who has been mentioned in this thread. I've also noticed a lot of old threads being bumped by trolls recently.
you're actually the biggest troll here :lol:

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
there should be a thread that lists all the suspicious double accounts!!!
halep1234 with 4 posts would be first in the suspicious list :grin2:

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
I also think that user is a DA, but obviously I have no proofs, just the same suspections than you. I hope it’s discovered and thus banned soon
Who are you talking about ?

Reactions: Javi

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
What was the deal with GloriaM9? It's was a DA but they mentioned me in a post that was deleted. I have no idea what he/she said.

(Sorry, I double posted this in the Missed and not so missed posters thread. I thought I deleted that one...)

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I just thought here, some new users can already start talking a lot but I don't see them as DAs. Mostly when they are nice and not mean spirited. On an irrational side because I can like them so I Don't think they are DAs but rationally speaking if they are nice it's unlikely that they were banned for good reasons, so unlikely for them to be DAs.

·
Registered
13,855 Posts

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I'm suspicious of xPaintTheLines. They haven't posted since 2014 but for years now I've seen them liking posts in virtually every thread regarding Serena or Sharapova. Only ever likes the Rena's fans' posts.
That thing gave me 2 gray reps already.

·
Administrator
12,171 Posts
If your posts are edited by mods / admins and you don’t agree with the action, reach out to us, don’t change it back. Do it again and you get a warning.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts