Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, recently I have been noticing that some users really seem to be DAs and in a logical and rational analysis made some conclusions of signals. Would like to know what you guys think and if you have suggestions to.

1 Boldness

Normally new users are shy, unsure and trying to be nice. When a new account pops already trolling and being aggressive, is a real red flag for me. This is the strongest signal, and all the others that a point only enhance this one.

2 No Avatar

Not that indicative, but raises an eye

3 Posting as soon as created

Posting as soon as the account is created although also a light signal give some suspicions.

4 Not afraid to opening threads

As soon as they have the opportunity they are not afraid at all of opening threads. Normally new users are shy.

·
Registered
27,441 Posts
So, recently I have been noticing that some users really seem to be DAs and in a logical and rational analysis made some conclusions of signals. Would like to know what you guys think and if you have suggestions to.

1 Boldness

Normally new users are shy, unsure and trying to be nice. When a new account pops already trolling and being aggressive, is a real red flag for me. This is the strongest signal, and all the others that a point only enhance this one.

2 No Avatar

Not that indicative, but raises an eye

3 Posting as soon as created

Posting as soon as the account is created although also a light signal give some suspicions.

4 Not afraid to opening threads

As soon as they have the opportunity they are not afraid at all of opening threads. Normally new users are shy.
I also think that user is a DA, but obviously I have no proofs, just the same suspections than you. I hope it’s discovered and thus banned soon

·
Art & Futures
20,452 Posts
Maybe it's technically not a double account if they got banned / suspended and are creating a new one, not planning to use their old one again :eek:h:

·
7,502 Posts
Maybe it's technically not a double account if they got banned / suspended and are creating a new one, not planning to use their old one again :eek:h:
Maybe it's technically not a DA. But practically it's forbidden just as much :cool: and subject to the same fate if caught.

·
Art & Futures
20,452 Posts
Maybe it's technically not a DA. But practically it's forbidden just as much :cool: and subject to the same fate if caught.
What if they legitimately forgot about their past account due to amnesia

Or they have multiple personalities? :shrug:

·
Registered
27,441 Posts
He/She is basically trolling 24/7. Can you give that user a warning at least? He/She is ruining GM for me.

·
7,502 Posts
What if they legitimately forgot about their past account due to amnesia

Or they have multiple personalities? :shrug:
Sorry, but answering trollish questions is not part of my job description. :eek:

But to be fair, you have a point: the type of trolling I've seen lately on some users does hint to mental issues of some kind. :SNE:
He/She is basically trolling 24/7. Can you give that user a warning at least? He/She is ruining GM for me.
He's ruining GM for me too, but trolling is hard to infract. If he is reported often enough though, action will have to be taken. Without a clear rule broken or DA proof, the next best thing is enough proof that he's a nuisance to plenty of users of a forum before we can do something.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Sorry, but answering trollish questions is not part of my job description. :eek:

But to be fair, you have a point: the type of trolling I've seen lately on some users does hint to mental issues of some kind. :SNE:

He's ruining GM for me too, but trolling is hard to infract. If he is reported often enough though, action will have to be taken. Without a clear rule broken or DA proof, the next best thing is enough proof that he's a nuisance to plenty of users of a forum before we can do something.
We should all put that poster on ignore. They can troll themselves.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
The trolling in GM from some has been ridiculous the last couple weeks particularly the one who has been mentioned in this thread. I've also noticed a lot of old threads being bumped by trolls recently.

·
Art & Futures
20,452 Posts
Trolling is similar to sarcasm, so if done moderately, it can add entertainment and eyeball value to forums.

Trolling should also be distinguished from deliberate and habitual lying, manipulation, or misrepresentation.

·
7,502 Posts
Trolling is similar to sarcasm, so if done moderately, it can add entertainment and eyeball value to forums.

Trolling should also be distinguished from deliberate and habitual lying, manipulation, or misrepresentation.
Unless it's done with measure, enough humor and sufficient awareness of what is or isn't offensive or triggering to other people, it's actually a waste. If only a couple of people liked your post, or if the likes are outnumbered by the negative reactions, it was probably not that funny, and not that harmless.

Trolling is also one of the most tiring things for mods. It's bound to be reported, but if no rule is clearly broken, it can turn into a time wasting tough choice: do i address it and appear too strict (and annoy the author), or do I leave it, and give the reporter the feeling they are not being considered? So no, unless there's enough humor in it, and with no hidden agenda to drag some player or user, it's still toxic for the forum. Maybe not to everyone, but it still is.

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
What about if TF nominated folks to be banned.

Like if they achieved some threshold like 25, then the ban hammer comes down.

That'd certainly make GM more interesting.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts