Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
52,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a lot of talented Czech junior girls ! :)
Some of them have a Thread already, but some of them not.
So let's discuss here about them. About their results and their talent.

·
Registered
52,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
52,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The most talented Czech girls according to their year of birth :)

Vanesa Nikolovova
Karolina Kubanova
Anna Siskova
Nikola Breckova
Ivana Sebestova

Denisa Hindova
Kristyna Lavickova
Marketa Panackova
Klara Novakova
Terezie Pluharova
Petra Csabi
Alexandra Silna
Karolina Novakova
Ludmila Kareisova

Darja Vidmanova
Katerina Mandelikova
Nelly Knezkova
Andrea Nova
Zdena Safarova
Natalie Augustinova

Linda Noskova
Barbora Palicova
Patricie Kubikova
Dominika Salkova
Linda Klimovicova
Agata Cerna
Anna Panchartek

Linda Fruhvirtova
Kristyna Tomajkova
Amelie Smejkalova

If I forgot a talented Czech girl from one year, then please tell me.

2001-2002 seem not that strong.
2003-2005 seem to have much more talent :worship:
Do you agree ?

·
Registered
52,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A very successful week for Czech junior girls !

Darja Vidmanova won the J1 in Offenbach (Germany) :worship:
https://www.itftennis.com/juniors/tournaments/tournament/info.aspx?tournamentid=1100045170

Linda Noskova won the J2 in Bytom (Poland) :yeah:
(She also won the doubles title with Laskevich.)
https://www.itftennis.com/juniors/tournaments/tournament/info.aspx?tournamentid=1100045525

Nelly Knezkova won the J4 in Bistrita (Romania) :hearts:
https://www.itftennis.com/juniors/tournaments/tournament/info.aspx?tournamentid=1100044769

·
Registered
52,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
52,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
52,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
52,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
52,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
52,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
52,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
52,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
52,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
https://www.itftennis.com/news/312449.aspx

The Russians will now face Czech Republic in the semi finals after the Czechs overcame Thailand thanks to wins from Barbora Palicova and Linda Noskova. Looking ahead to the next round, captain Daniel Vanek admitted his respect for the opposition but has full belief in his young charges.

“I think the Russian team are very good but they’re no better than my girls,” said Vanek. “Their ranking is good and I have a lot of respect for them but all three of my players are close to them. We can beat them.”

The Czechs played without their number one player Darja Vidmanova, a decision which Vanek admitted was a tough one given his personal loyalties.

“I’m the personal coach of Darja, so to play the other two players (Barbora Palicova and Linda Noskova) ahead of her was annoying on a personal level,” Vanek told ITFtennis.com. “It’s a shame for her but I have to do what’s right for the team, the other two are in better form right now.”

Darja herself was upbeat whilst observing her teammates from courtside but admits she hopes to be involved in the following rounds. “The best feeling is the playing the matches,” admitted Vidmanova. “I really like the atmosphere here, the club, the courts but the best feeling, of course, is to be playing here.”

·
Registered
52,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Czech girls beat Russia 2-1 and reached the Junior Fed Cup final ! :worship:

Polina Kudermetova (RUS) def. Barbora Palicova (CZE) 6-4 6-2
Linda Noskova (CZE) def. Oksana Selekhmeteva (RUS) 3-6 6-0 6-2
Noskova/Palicova (CZE) def. Kudermetova/Selekhmeteva (RUS) 6-3 3-6 10-8

Speaking after the match, captain Daniel Vanek could barely contain his delight for his players, telling ITFTennis.com “I am a little bit speechless. The first match didn’t go so well and Russia deserved it. However, the second match shocked me, Oksana Selekhmeteva played so well but my player (Linda Noskova) showed such great spirit and stamina. She was amazing.”
"It's a special moment," said Czech team captain Daniel Vanek, who coaches Vidmanova. "I'm a little bit disappointed, because she is not in good shape, so I can't play her. But otherwise, I'm really happy that we reach the final. It's a great achievement and I look forward to play US in the final. We had a tough group with France, Argentina; it took a lot of effort to get to the final."

·
Registered
52,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
52,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Czech girls lost 1-2 to USA in the Junior Fed Cup final ! :sad:

https://itfjuniors.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/team.aspx?id=9C02879F-4E2F-4A1A-917C-787EBFBF890A&team=6
https://itfjuniors.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/drawsheet.aspx?id=9C02879F-4E2F-4A1A-917C-787EBFBF890A&draw=13

Czech captain Daniel Vanek was proud of his team's effort, but disappointed that they couldn't send the doubles match to a tiebreaker.

"We had a good chance to win for sure," Vanek said. "Full respect to the USA, they played doubles the way I like, positive, aggressive, they were going for it. It's a great achievement, making the final. Of course we're a little bit sad, but if you say to me before that we make the final, almost make a match tiebreaker, I'll take it. But for them to win at home, that's nice."

·
Registered
52,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
52,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Palicova is pretty and reminds me a bit of Hlavackova :lol:

·
Registered
52,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A video about 2006 girl Nikola Bartunkova :)

·
Registered
52,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
2004 girl Linda Noskova reached the QF at 15k Milovice ! :cheer:

Linda def. Lara Schmidt 6-3 6-3 in R2. Here you can watch the match, from 16 until 1:37 :p

I watched the whole first set. And also the last points of the match.
Linda is a big talent. Tactically good and beautiful strokes :hearts: She reminds me a bit of Chakvetadze and Kenin (whom I like too). A smart game, good mover, focused, strong backhand, good forehand. I like her game - lovely to watch. Also cool that she hits so many drive-volleys. A lot of talent. But Linda must improve her serve and get more consistent of course.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts