Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 100 Posts

·
always getting what i want
18,199 Posts
The outpouring of love from fellow players both WTA/ATP shows what a great person Carla is too.

Indeed. She always treated her opponents with the utmost respect, so it's not a surprise.

Reactions: M.A.S.L.

·
Premium Member
63,544 Posts
Worst tennis news of the week.
Hoping for a speedy recovery for Carla!!;

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
Horrible news. :( Hoping for a speedy recovery! Nice to see the outpouring of love and support from her fellow WTA players.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
So heartbreaking to hear this awful news 😔😔
Carla is a wonderful person and she doesn't deserve this.

Get well soon ♥♥

·
Registered
184 Posts
My favorite player. So sad to hear this. From her Insta stories I had the feeling that it was cancer treatment. I know she will recover fully. I'm just sad about what she will have to go through. Serious illness sucks but it is enormously beneficial for our personal growth in life. Love you Carla!!

·
Registered
17,213 Posts
While this is a highly treatable type of cancer, it's still really awful and scary. Treatment includes chemo, IIRC it's pretty much the only way to treat it. I'm absolutely sure she will fully recover, but it's gonna be really painful and nasty in the next several months. I wish her all the best, she seems to have a really strong personality and a positive attitude!

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
Carla <3. I am so confident she will be fine. She's young and strong, and treatments against lymphomas, both H and NH, have massively improved in the last 15 years.

·
Registered
32,215 Posts
Oh no. Poor Carla seems to have fairly bad luck. Wishing her the best.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Above 90% of people recover. Alisa Kleybanova also suffered from it.
What happened to Kleybanova? She disappeared. I know she came back and received comeback player of the year award but the just off..

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
Drag that thing, Carla! 👊

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I hate cancer so much!
Even the sound of the word is harsh and grating to my ears.

Thankfully people have noted that this is a very treatable form so there's that silver lining.
If positive thoughts have any value Carla is getting them from me and many others.
I wish her a full and speedy recovery.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
poor Carla. Fortunately she has one of the more treatable forms of cancer so her prognosis will be positive.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
While this is a highly treatable type of cancer, it's still really awful and scary. Treatment includes chemo, IIRC it's pretty much the only way to treat it. I'm absolutely sure she will fully recover, but it's gonna be really painful and nasty in the next several months. I wish her all the best, she seems to have a really strong personality and a positive attitude!
yes very true. great that it's early/treatable but the treatments are still excruciating for most people. i had to do a short round of chemo a few years ago and it was just awful. while i recovered well it has a long term implications given it totally wipes out your immune system and can change sensitivities to pretty much everything. obviously survival is the ultimate goal but the cancer journey is complex.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Looking at all the replies to her tweet from players, administrators and media personalities says so much about the kind of person Carla is....such a tough break for her in her retirement year....only positive thoughts though, she'll get through this with the whole of the tennis community behind her!!

41 - 60 of 100 Posts