Tennis Forum banner

61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
SharaFamily
21,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #64 (Edited)
Justine was alway a tough player for Maria. she read Maria's game really well. Maria fought hard in 2nd set but It was not enough

YEC 2006 SemiFinal Highlight Maria Sharapova vs Justine Henin
YEC 2006 Sharapova vs Henin

·
her serve was sooooooooo good in the latter stages of 2006. ace ace ace ace, or really good fluid placement that set up the points for her well.

·
SharaFamily
21,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #70 (Edited)
The last teenager won a GS It's Maria.
It's her 2nd GS title, her 13th WTA title.
US Open 06 Final Highlight Maria Sharapova vs Justine Henin (include ceremony)

US Open 2006 Final Sharapova vs Henin

·
CGS
7,580 Posts
How time flies, 10 years have past already. That tournament was so flawless and perfect. From her dress (her most beautiful one ever imo), the ribbon, earrings, to her serve (movement, speed and motion too) and her ground game. She looked so confident, ruthless and fearless back then too :sobbing: Maria has always had tough times against Justine, but she won their most important encounter which is their only slam final too :hearts: And she rarely won against Justine, so the 2 times she has won against her in slams, she had to make sure she won those events in the end too :lol:

·
SharaFamily
21,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #73

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
I'm a little concerned about her backhands, they really reminded my of the ones she was hitting against Strycova last year when she had to retire due to wrist pain.

Hope that's not still bothering her, she certainly seems to have been hitting them hard in practice vids.

·
Registered
14,342 Posts
I'm a little concerned about her backhands, they really reminded my of the ones she was hitting against Strycova last year when she had to retire due to wrist pain.

Hope that's not still bothering her, she certainly seems to have been hitting them hard in practice vids.
maybe she shouldn't boxing if she still has wrist problems :rolleyes: But I don't think we can infer anything from the exho. Exhos are for shit and giggles. Maybe she has just been extra-careful and didn't even try to put strain on it. I agree they were shitty though :grin2:

·
Registered
4,496 Posts

I was worried too but then I remembered she wasn't hitting backhands around the time of her press conference in March.
I think it was only a few weeks later that she posted she's started hitting BH again.
So my guess is she's out of rhythm on that side because she had no match play after her injury was healed, only practices which aren't the same.

61 - 80 of 103 Posts