Tennis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Chionophile
40,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, I'm not going to talk about the movie! lol :p

I wanted to know if any of you had been at 'crossroads' in your life and how you dealt with it. HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT'S RIGHT?

I am at a crossroad of sorts right now. I have to decide within this year what I'm going to study. There's only two options for me, but it's hard because of the whole finality of the situation, although I'm only 23. Whatever I decide, will have huge ramifications for my life in the next five years, but I'm more worried about the long-term. In ten years time, will I look back and be happy with my decision or not. I'm sort of leaning toward one, but that option is more difficult and less secure.

How do you know?

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Toss a coin! Then if it all goes horrible wrong, you can always blame it on a piece of metal and not your own inept decision making.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
But don't take that advice to heart. I knew someone who chose the coin toss, but he got tails. Heads would have meant he would have accepted the job and been a wealthy city stockbroker with a gorgeous girlfriend and a flash car.

He now packs dutch crispbreads with a resentful wife, four ugly snotty kids and an old Vauxhall Chevette. So the coin toss can work the other way, but remember you have a fifty fifty chance.

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
Sam L said:
No, I'm not going to talk about the movie! lol :p

I wanted to know if any of you had been at 'crossroads' in your life and how you dealt with it. HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT'S RIGHT?

I am at a crossroad of sorts right now. I have to decide within this year what I'm going to study. There's only two options for me, but it's hard because of the whole finality of the situation, although I'm only 23. Whatever I decide, will have huge ramifications for my life in the next five years, but I'm more worried about the long-term. In ten years time, will I look back and be happy with my decision or not. I'm sort of leaning toward one, but that option is more difficult and less secure.

How do you know?

the average adult changes their career about 4 times in their lifetime... so u wouldnt be alone if you werent happy. its never too late to go back to school. besides, most people arent even working in the field they got their degree in...

dont be so worried :)

Reactions: ~ The Leopard ~
1 - 4 of 4 Posts