Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Banned
9,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... or maybe he has the point?

The quick Golovin is a quintessential counter-puncher who does pack some pop on her groundies. The chatty South Florida resident may prefer all things pop culture, but she has a lunch bucket approach to the game. Here's an early prediction: by late summer, she'll pass fellow Frenchwoman Amelie Mauresmo in the rankings at No. 10.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
hmmm well mauresmos losing points now because shes out injusred but she ll be back soon and I can t see her falling out of the top ten just yet

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
Her overtaking Amelie would be more due to a string of poor performances from Amelie than stellar performances from Tatiana IMHO.

Amelie has a fair chance of defending her Wimbledon title if she gets fit in time IMHO.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Her overtaking Amelie would be more due to a string of poor performances from Amelie than stellar performances from Tatiana IMHO.

Amelie has a fair chance of defending her Wimbledon title if she gets fit in time IMHO.
i agree.

·
和平.
16,963 Posts
i'm surprised.

Amélie's play lately when in form/not injured has been too great for Tatiana to do the same.
Tatiana may improve even more this season but i still think that there's a long way to go except if Amélie is not having a decent year with her standarts.

She could get to 10 with goo dperformances but i don't see Amélie falling that much in the rankings.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
:spit:

·
Registered
11,190 Posts
that would be great!

No more "Amélie here, Amélie there..." in the french medias

·
Registered
47,731 Posts
amelie's not going to fall out of the top ten.

tati's not going to enter the top ten.

i'm not sure what cronin was thinking. then again, i never do.
idiot.

·
Banned
9,812 Posts
that is the dumbest prediction ever

·
La Divina Assoluta
11,310 Posts
It's gonna take Golovin something special this year to get into the top 10. Yes she has got a Tier II title to her name this year, but she needs better slam performances to even get close to anyone in the top 10. Still she seems in good form, so she'll definitely believe she can get there, but i dont believe it just yet. I cant envisage tati in the top 10 for another year at least........

·
Banned
4,328 Posts
golovin is not consistent enough to reach top ten and stay there.remember kirilenko who won a title and disappeared.momo is still a top ten fixture and she will gain points during the clay season.
its too early to predict about where golovin will end up,she is too inconsistent
for anyone to give a definitive analysis.

·
Registered
17,699 Posts
Mauresmo won't fall out of top 10 unless an injury keeps her off the court until the end of the year :rolleyes:
She's just better than the girls out of top 5 so I can't see her being passed by any of them.

That's the first time I hope that Cronin is right :lol:
Same here, actually :lol:

·
Registered
869 Posts
I think Tatiana has really bad luck with injury. With that aside, Amelie is a big pusher. Granted, she is probably the best pusher on tour, and pushers can give a power player alot of problems if the power player isnt good enough to hit through them, and stay consistant. Tatiana is kinda turning into a bit of a Martina (hingis) for me. -- But she can almost handle the pace even better! Tatiana has a pretty big forehand, but alot of it is all counter punching. I saw her play at the sony open in person, she was good, but is not as good at generating her own pace as she is at moving the ball around and counter punching. Although- I would have to say she is a counter puncher, with a forehand. (a pretty good one! I like Tatiana alot!) As for being better then Amelie, I think at the end of the day, Amelie is just a more solid player, and she has great game at the net. She did take Serena out of the US open, and had the HARDEST draw at wimbledon... Eh, I hate giving Amelie her prop's but end of the day- shes just a better player!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts