Tennis Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Svitolina-Krunic in Beijing was a large cringe. It did end up making the Finals victory sweeter but it was a rough watch(and I like Krunic, just how do you get so complacent in a match).

I have not watched Bianca-Halep WTF match yet... result itself traumatised me,

·
Registered
19,300 Posts
I forgot this horror. It never happened.
And Mugu has some even worse horrors out there. Discounting the likes of the Wang and Andreescu losses, the Vickery loss comes to mind.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Not my “fave” but Serena-Vinci 2015 has to be top of the cringeworthy list in additional to biggest upset of the century. She was missing every other shot and seems she forgotten how to play tennis at times.

Aga‘s matches in 2017 and 2018 were pretty cringeworthy. Even those that she’ve won. She just looks unable to hit a proper groundstroke at all and just trying to get every single point on opponent errors or her trickery which can’t last. We later know it’s because of her foot injury but yeah.

·
Registered
21,705 Posts
Elise vs Sevastova at the French this year.
Maky's meltdown in Paris.
Belinda losing to Bianca in the Open semifinals.

·
Registered
13,719 Posts
Hingis losing to Sugiyama at Wimbledon '06 from *3-0 up in the third.

·
Registered
13,719 Posts
Hingis losing to Sugiyama at Wimbledon '06 from *3-0 up in the third and a chance to play Severine Bremond in the next round. 🙄
LMAO this was supposed to be an edit, not a quote. Uhhh how do you delete a post? Or do ANYTHING on this new forum, for that matter?

·
Registered
21,705 Posts
LMAO this was supposed to be an edit, not a quote. Uhhh how do you delete a post? Or do ANYTHING on this new forum, for that matter?
You can't delete anymore. I tried to, as well and, like you, I ended up quoting myself.

·
Registered
7,630 Posts
Simo-Domi 2014 AO QF
Simo-Ekat 2015 AO QF

Simo's losses to Lucic-Baroni at the 14 USO and 15 FO

Simo's inexplicable loss to Townsend at the USO. I never want to see that match again for the rest of my life.

This list wouldn't be complete w/o the FO final collapse to a title-less Ostapenko from 6-4 3-0 up.

·
Registered
112,886 Posts
Most cringeworthy for Dementieva was that 2010 SF in Paris she had to retire vs Schiavone.
In a different way, the 2004 Paris final also

·
Registered
37,415 Posts
None. I have to say, though, it's too bad the 1999 French Open final had to be canceled at 6-4 5-4 because of a meteor shower that destroyed half of Paris. Very unfortunate.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts