Tennis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
7,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just looking over some stuff at tenniscorner.net, and before I get to my main point let it be known that Amelie Mauresmo must be superwoman to stay ranked so high when she nevers play and to have so many ranking points with only 14 tournaments! :worship: :worship:

Alright but my REAL point is Chanda Rubin has never been to the SemiFinals of a slam!!!! How crazy is that? =P

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
was Chanda not in the Semi finals of the australian in 96? Amelies v consistent making semi's in wimbledon and us were good for her ranking and shes reached semis finals this year

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Actually, Chanda has been to the semis, the 1996 Australian losing to M-O-N-I-C-A.

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Chanda RULEZ!!!!

As for Amelie, I think in most of the tier ones she played really well, and she made semis at Wimby and US Open, thats a lot of points.

Reactions: ghosts

·
7,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh...well let me go lok again then...I was looking over her past and I didn't see any SF's but maybe it was a typo or just my tired eyes =P

Reactions: ghosts

·
7,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ahhh yes...I see it now...but wow she has had some terrible results in Grand Slams.... =P

·
Plainclothes Division
6,350 Posts
You'll notice, though, that her bad slam results mostly came in clusters. Usually when she's fighting an injury, or coming back from one. (FE- 2001 OZ, she had no business even being on the court. She wasn't just playing hurt, she was playing injured.) And she's drawn a lot of seeds early in slams.

I blame a lot of it on her stubborn refusal to "play down". When other former top-10ers are fighting their way back up, they play Tier III's, IV's, and V's where they can get seeded, get wins, and get ranking points to move back up.

Momo is impressive in producing results in the big events. That's what's holding her up. Just imagine if she stayed healthy enough to play a full schedule.

The risk of a lighter schedule is the lower margin for error. A bad result is much more costly. Fortunately for Momo, Venus, Serena, and Monica that the WTA doesn't employ that "mandatory" tournaments system. That would really penalize players who get injured.

·
Banned
96 Posts
I just wanted to say that I'm very fond of Miss Rubin :wavey:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts