Tennis Forum banner

1241 - 1258 of 1258 Posts

·
Registered
14,608 Posts
Really? Did she announce it? :sad: :awww: She easily could have half a dozen years in her if she wants them. I guess the desire has to be there though.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Camille :sad::crying2:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Not surprised at all that she's retiring. Hasn't had the results to maintain a living. If only she could have beat Sharapova at the Aussie Open a few years back. Things might have been different, but who knows.

"I don't have any firm plans yet," she said. "I'm going to think a lot about what I want to do. I'm really looking forward to new challenges, maybe in the media, maybe in management. I definitely want to stay in sports.

"I just want to thank everyone who was behind me all these years. For me it was the best pleasure I could have was to have the support of my fans and friends. Because it's a very tough job - but, I think, the most beautiful job ever."

Official announcement is here:
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/news/20100528/camille-calls-time-on-career_2256076_2061073

·
Registered
14,608 Posts
This was one of the very first places I ever posted in TF. I thought she would find her way back and play for a few years yet. But I guess time moves on, people make their decisions. I hope she has a nice time doing whatever she wants now.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I was just glad I got to see Camille play in person at the 2009 and 2007 U.S. Opens. Both times I had great views and took lots of pics, some of which I've shared here. All athletes have to move on eventually. :sad:

·
Registered
14,608 Posts
It's true that they have to move on eventually. But I wish she could have hung on a bit longer. Lots of people play well past 30 these days, but the recent losses probably made her lose her desire. Oh well. We have our memories.

·
Registered
280 Posts
You could hear a Pin drop

The award for the oddest opening comments at a press conference over the last fortnight goes to France's Camille Pin, who before announcing her retirement, told the assembled press room: "I'm sorry. I've drunk two glasses of champagne on a bare stomach. I wanted to be totally drunk here. I thought it would be funny to be pissed during my interview."

·
Vamorza!
46,227 Posts
:bigcry:

It is really sad to see her retiring but I wish her very best for the future.I have been following her since ITF days and I am glad she made most out of her talent,mostly surprising (and annoying) with her results at GM audience here at TF :lol:

Once again I wish her best and I will for sure miss her playing...

·
Registered
378 Posts
CHAMPIONNAT DE FRANCE PAR EQUIPES FEMININ 2011
PREMIERE DIVISION

LAGARDERE PARIS RACING (PAR)

RAZZANO Virginie N1 -8
COHEN ALORO Stéphanie N10 -8
CETKOVSKA Petra N11 -6 UE
FEDOSSOVA Youlia N26 -5
SFAR Selima N28 -7 E
PIN Camille N34 -6