Tennis Forum banner

1561 - 1580 of 2006 Posts

·
Registered
22,972 Posts
Italy is in a relentless catastrophic crisis with no end, it seems
USA are approaching that phase, which starts when the medical system starts to get overwhelmed with sheer number of patients which increase mortality right away. That's Italy about 2-2.5 weeks ago
Russia is closing on a critical milestone of 200 new patients a day, which in every other country indicated the epidemy going into explosive phase. That's Italy 4 weeks ago.
Spain is about where Italy is.
France is in between of US and Italy.
just curious: is trump still preaching the crisis to be gone in mere weeks?

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Mexico wants border controls to keep disease ridden Americans out.

If Trump tries to ease controls in mid-April I predict Canada and Mexico will close their borders.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts

·
Registered
6,613 Posts
just curious: is trump still preaching the crisis to be gone in mere weeks?
This week at his PC he was saying it, while fumbling over some BIGLY words. Along the lines of: By April the country will be on the move again, we don't like standing still...The CDC has approved a drug/vaccine which can be rolled faster than any drug approval in history...

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
33,251 Posts
This week at his PC he was saying it, while fumbling over some BIGLY words. Along the lines of: By April the country will be on the move again, we don't like standing still...The CDC has approved a drug/vaccine which can be rolled faster than any drug approval in history...
How on earth does anyone believe this guy? Ever? I'm sorry but I just can't get my head around it. Are Americans (or at the very least a very substantial sizeable chuck of them) really that dumb? No one answer that. I think I have a hunch, but I don't really want to know....it's too damned depressing.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
33,251 Posts
How come some nut-job hasn't already tried to take him out? That's one of the weirder things that HASN'T happened so far.
The nutjobs are more inclined to listen carefully to what he says and if they are going to "take anyone out", it is more likely to be some of the many people and groups of people who Trump spews hatred towards. Unfortunately.

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
USA has already overtaken China with most reported infections. Almost 85.000 at the time of this post and 1300 deaths.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
I wonder how many people die or have Covid that aren't even counted in the statistics

The death toll in Italy is much higher than that as few people were tested before/after their deaths.

1)In Bergamo,Italy last year from 1 to 24 March there were 98 deaths
2)This year it's 446 deaths
3)Only 136 of these 446 have been classified as COVID deaths by the government.

Hard to imagine that is the only city,country were people are being undertested

·
Registered
12,879 Posts
I fear for my friends who work in hospitals. I FaceTimed one today and he just had a dead look in his eyes. He's starting to see his first COVID-19 (suspected) cases and he says they deteriorate from holding a conversation with you to in need of life support in as a little as 30 minutes. He's not in NYC or a big city either, a mid-sized city in the midwest.

·
Registered
827 Posts
The nutjobs are more inclined to listen carefully to what he says and if they are going to "take anyone out", it is more likely to be some of the many people and groups of people who Trump spews hatred towards. Unfortunately.
You mean there are no Democratic nut-jobs? :ROFLMAO: Surely one of Bernie's fans wants a chance at immortality!

·
Registered
29,827 Posts
Coronavirus: Record number of Americans file for unemployment

Nearly 3,3 millions people registered to claim jobless benefits for the week ended 21 March, according to Department of Labor data

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
The US numbers are staggering. All the best
Yup, I said weeks ago that the outbreak in America would be "epic".
I just saw a report that New York City EMS got more medical 911 calls on the 25th than they received on the day of the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001.
The frequent misinformation and downplaying while we were watching other countries struggle is one of the biggest displays of collective idiocy I've ever seen.
But since I had already made peace with what was coming, I'm aware but calm.

1561 - 1580 of 2006 Posts