Tennis Forum banner

1541 - 1560 of 2194 Posts

·
Registered
10,857 Posts
I hope you are keeping safe. I know some people in Heidelberg and Dusseldorf in Germany and it is exploding pretty bad right now. If it wasn't for the low death rate, I would said it is on the path to becoming the next Italy which is sadly what is happening to Spain right now. I pray for the world, Italy, Spain, Iran and the all the world that is being really hit hard with coronavirus. I feel like keeping inside, washing my hands regularly, and just becoming a total hermit is me doing my bit for world peace.
I was on the task force of my company and started self isolation 2.5 weeks ago, cos I saw it coming . The figures were on the table and with a daily factor of 1.2 per day, everybody could do the maths.

I think Germany's advantage is, that they are pretty heavily testing for 2 weeks now and ppl are aware. One of my colleagues who tested positive wasnt back in the building, but called authorities upon returning from Austria and told them, she might have it. She was even on TV. lol

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
^ our friendship was short! 🤭
That's one way to describe Macron.

Well, I am a deeply loyal person and I will still honour you for giving those secret tennis links. I am more like a friend with whom you can sit across the table in a bar and argue back and forth for hours.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I was on the task force of my company and started self isolation 2.5 weeks ago, cos I saw it coming . The figures were on the table and with a daily factor of 1.2 per day, everybody could do the maths.

I think Germany's advantage is, that they are pretty heavily testing for 2 weeks now and ppl are aware. One of my colleagues who tested positive wasnt back in the building, but called authorities upon returning from Austria and told them, she might have it. She was even on TV. lol
Yes. Read in the local.de that Germany is now testing 500K people a week. That's a lot of people. Good job. I have a lot of faith in German efficiency.

What people would not do to get on TV. LOL.

Glad you are staying isolated. My best wishes to you.

·
Registered
10,857 Posts
Glad you are staying isolated. My best wishes to you.
Thx and to you and everybody else, too. Staying away from our loved ones as an act of love. Who'da thought. This will affect the eintire planet. Wonder how the world will look afterwards. Definitely different.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Thx and to you and everybody else, too. Staying away from our loved ones as an act of love. Who'da thought. This will affect the eintire planet. Wonder how the world will look afterwards. Definitely different.
Well at least it will definitely look less polluted.

·
Premium Member
38,331 Posts
which French politician isn't ?....

Macron. And many politicians from la République en Marche are remarquably honest. I totally respect most of them. On the other hand, the media's habit to attack them on a regular basis is disgusting. I know exactly what I dislike in this circus.

·
Registered
29,827 Posts
As of 19 March 2020, COVID-19 is no longer considered to be a high consequence infectious diseases (HCID) in the UK. Good news.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts

·
Registered
52,357 Posts

Macron. And many politicians from la République en Marche are remarquably honest. I totally respect most of them. On the other hand, the media's habit to attack them on a regular basis is disgusting. I know exactly what I dislike in this circus.
I knew you'd say Macron, but it was a rhetorical question :)

I won't engage in any politial discussion :)

·
Premium Member
38,331 Posts
I am more like a friend with whom you can sit across the table in a bar and argue back and forth for hours.

Friendships can be made in diverse ways. I guess I could disagree with some people and still respect them. It depends on the seriousness of the topic. I know I hardly forgive the behaviour of some people in some contexts. Mélenchon is one of those persons to me and he's not the only one. The general hate expressed towards Macron during the Gilets Jaunes manifestations, from extreme left and right, was unacceptable to me, and everybody who contributed lost my respect. Definitely.

·
Adrenaline junkie
22,916 Posts
Italy is in a relentless catastrophic crisis with no end, it seems
USA are approaching that phase, which starts when the medical system starts to get overwhelmed with sheer number of patients which increase mortality right away. That's Italy about 2-2.5 weeks ago
Russia is closing on a critical milestone of 200 new patients a day, which in every other country indicated the epidemy going into explosive phase. That's Italy 4 weeks ago.
Spain is about where Italy is.
France is in between of US and Italy.

·
Registered
10,422 Posts
While we are still in a pretty comfortable situation in Germany, the impacts are also heavy on Germany.

On a positive note, we had been informed today, that 11,000 intense care beds are free to be used (as a comparison: a German news outlet reported, that Italy has an overall of 5,000 and the UK 4,100).

On a negative note, hundreds of thousands of ppl including me are sent home on "short term labor". That means your working hours are cut down to a certain percentage, for which you get your salary. Of the missing net to your usual monthly income, you will get 60% from the state. Example: You earn 2000€ net and are down to 20%, meaning your company pays you 400 net. Of the 1600€ net missing, you get 960€ from sthe state. So you have 1360€ for the time being. This can be expanded up to 2 years.

In my company of 800, now 4 ppl are positively tested, 3 of them brought it home from skiing vacation in Austria.
Germany is doing quite fine, lots of testing and lots of beds available. The country should be also applauded for offering help to those whose systems are overwhelmed - some German hospitals have reportedly accepted patients from France and Italy. I'm also glad that our govt is now sending 10,000 protective suits to both Italy and Spain.

BTW, our PM had a long call today with Angela Merkel about the so-called "pendlers", i.e. workers who cross the German or Austrian border every day for work due to better wages or job opportunities (while many Germans come in the opposite direction to buy cheap booze or petrol).

For example, in the region of South Bohemia, which borders both Bavaria and Austria, it has been found that these pendlers and their relatives or friends account for over two thirds of the COVID-19 cases.

·
Registered
9,950 Posts
Looking at the numbers in Estonia the hospitalized amount is about 2 weeks behind the number of positively tested. If the trend continues then in 2 weeks the hospitals will be flooded. Also we have big problems with the lack of equipment (masks, protective care, etc).

1541 - 1560 of 2194 Posts