Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 2005 Posts

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Should point out the below so people insinuating that bats are a normal dish in China should stop.
Authorities believe the new strain of coronavirus came from a seafood market in Wuhan where wildlife was sold illegally [...] Media reports suggest that about 50 wild animals, including endangered pangolins, were on sale at the market in Wuhan before it was closed at the end of last year.
Source: Animal trade in spotlight as China seeks source of coronavirus

·
Registered
13,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
There have now been 6145 cases (an increase of 29% on this time yesterday), 6055 of which are in mainland China.

There have been a further 25 deaths, all in mainland China. Based on these figures, the death rate is just over 2%, however there are likely to have been many more cases in China (some say a many as 200K) so unless there have also been a lot more deaths, the death rate is lower than this.

·
Registered
29,868 Posts

·
Registered
10,668 Posts
Noone is saying it's "normal" on the whole in China. But when you look at the circles who regional speiality cuisine, they eat all sorts of things.

I'm not sure why saying the truth is such a taboo.

Because there are neomarxism brainwashed individuals from Western Europe like Hugues Daniel that deny the reality.

·
Registered
10,668 Posts
I don't need to be dense, you're transparent.

According to scientists it was very likely a strain of bat virus combined amalgamating with a different virus from animal. They simply compared coronavirus in this viral pneuomonia with those found in animals. In Wuhan there are illegal markets selling wild bats and restaurants offering bat soups / bat meat etc.

·
Premium Member
38,293 Posts
According to scientists it was very likely a strain of bat virus combined amalgamating with a different virus from animal. They simply compared coronavirus in this viral pneuomonia with those found in animals. In Wuhan there are illegal markets selling wild bats and restaurants offering bat soups / bat meat etc.
You're deaf as a wall, aren't you? You only believe the scientists you want to believe. Tell me again about the greatness of the western civilization and their inventions, if there are Gods above they'll have a good laugh.

·
Registered
13,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
You're deaf as a wall, aren't you? You only believe the scientists you want to believe. Tell me again about the greatness of the western civilization and their inventions, if there are Gods above they'll have a good laugh.
I don't believe that any country or group of countries is intrinsically better than another but it's a matter of fact that in China, and some other countries, people eat 'exotic' animals and that some of these are infected with pathogens that can, and sometimes do, then transfer to humans, causing disease. We don't know the source of this virus yet (and maybe never will) but it is highly likely that it transferred from an animal to humans, and that this happened in Wuhan or the surrounding area.

That is not making a moral judgement it's accepting reality.

·
Premium Member
38,293 Posts
I don't believe that any country or group of countries is intrinsically better than another but it's a matter of fact that in China, and some other countries, people eat 'exotic' animals and that some of these are infected with pathogens that can, and sometimes do, then transfer to humans, causing disease. We don't know the source of this virus yet (and maybe never will) but it is highly likely that it transferred from an animal to humans, and that this happened in Wuhan or the surrounding area.

That is not making a moral judgement it's accepting reality.
There are no problems in observing realities at all. Realities are multiple. The problem is the condescending and well targetted observations from arrogant people who DO consider their civilization superior. Hence they choose the thread to assert their idiot and unbearable condescension, without any self-critical judgement. That's not mind opening to observe realities this way. Nobody needs THEIR views. We're all supposed to be unbiased human beings and observators about any problem in this world, and should be able to do so in all kindness and awarenesss towards different parts of the world and their cultures.

That's being perceptive to make these distinctions.

·
x
34,463 Posts

This is quite frightening.

Also South Korea reports their countries' first human-to-human transmission.

·
Registered
10,668 Posts
Narratives. I've read Magicman and Perun enough on different matters to know they're not genuine in pointing out foreign cultures. I well noticed it didn't disturb you much, though.

Now thinking again about it from narrative point of view.. Magicman's post (mostly the manner in which it was written) could have come across to you as quite blunt. It was indeed that smug ''oh no you inferior chinkies'', derisive & holier-than-thou type of way. But my post never referred to that itself, only I acknowledged that very likely link between some Chinese eating wild animals that are known virus carriers and this problem. Scientists don't have any Chinese-phobia so one should trust them if they say that it was very likely a reason behind this viral illness appearing. Acknowledging that is fine, leaving it unsaid - not really in my view. Chinese are much more likely to consume wild animals containing pathogens than let's say Germans, Egyptian or Spanish people.

Oh and defraction using ''BCE cow problem'' ''you are in no position to criticise the Chinese'' is lame.

·
Registered
13,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
As of this morning, 7915 cases worldwide (+28.8%) , of which all but 110 are in mainland China. 170 deaths (also +28.8%), all in mainland China.

·
Registered
13,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Today's figures: total cases 9816, which is a 24% increase on yesterday. 9692 are in mainland China and 124 in the rest of the world. 213 deaths (+25%), all in mainland China. The death rate is constant at just over 2%.

2 new cases (not included in the above figures) have now been confirmed in the UK. No details have been given as to their nationality or how they might have caught the virus but they are known to have been staying in a hotel in York.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts

·
Registered
13,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Some of the difficulties and the fears for medical workers in Wuhan. You have to feel for them.

·
Registered
13,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
It's very wrong to use this epidemic as an excuse to express anti-Chinese sentiments. We need to be supporting China in its efforts to stop the spread of the virus, which is now a global problem. For example, I've read that there re insufficient masks and protection suits for medical staff. I know th UN is flying in some supplies but why aren't wealthy countries in the west sending them too?

·
Registered
13,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Latest figures: 11943 confirmed infections, of which 11791 are in mainland China, an increase over yesterday of 21.6%. 'Rest of the world' infections now up to 152. Deaths now total 252 (all in mainland China), an increase of 21.5%. There have now been cases in 26 countries outside mainland China, with Thailand having the most (19) followed by Japan (17), Singapore (16) and Hong Kong (13). There have been 22 cases in Europe, 10 in north America and 9 in Australia

·
Registered
29,868 Posts
Sorry not sorry but the exotic food and medicine market in China needs to be stopped. If this crisis helps the people of China to wake up and change their habits in that regard, so be it. Leaver beaver penises and seahorses alone.

·
Registered
18,842 Posts
I find the worldwide media hysterics about the Corona virus beyond pathetic. There are already people seriously buying masks in Europe...

41 - 60 of 2005 Posts