Tennis Forum banner

3761 - 3780 of 3919 Posts

·
Registered
7,386 Posts
I think what the graph is saying is pretty clear. I'm sure you are bright enough that I don't have to explain how graphs work to you.
I wouldn't have asked if it was clear. I am just surprised b the number of low deaths worldwide and we are already nearing August - the US alone has around 3,5 million annually.

·
Registered
8,633 Posts
That graph can't be accurate because no countries can compile quickly all the statistics of death causes. That usually takes a couple of years to do.
Covid death numbers are also questionable in most countries. Canada for instance list all covid infected peson diying as a covid death no matter the underlying diseases. That's not not the same is many other countries. Pobably because some want the covid death to remain as low as possible so the government looks in control.

·
Registered
11,299 Posts
That graph can't be accurate because no countries can compile quickly all the statistics of death causes. That usually takes a couple of years to do.
Covid death numbers are also questionable in most countries. Canada for instance list all covid infected peson diying as a covid death no matter the underlying diseases. That's not not the same is many other countries. Pobably because some want the covid death to remain as low as possible so the government looks in control.
or, what seems like the most logical and sane thing to do, some governments just choose not to cave in into this hysteria and start listing every extremely sick dead person as a victim of Covid-19 imo...

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
34,538 Posts
I think it is pretty plain that the other death statistics that are used there are based on historic averages of how many people die global through various means in previous years. Have to say, I never took those numbers as anything more than a fairly decent estimates of how many people are dying in various ways and it surprises me that people are taking those numbers more literally than that. That's all I will say on this. If people don't like the graph that's fine too, it's not like it is my graph.

·
Registered
8,633 Posts
I think it is pretty plain that the other death statistics that are used there are based on historic averages of how many people die global through various means in previous years. Have to say, I never took those numbers as anything more than a fairly decent estimates of how many people are dying in various ways and it surprises me that people are taking those numbers more literally than that. That's all I will say on this. If people don't like the graph that's fine too, it's not like it is my graph.
Obviously the suicides will be much higher than the historic values. Deaths from other causes will be higher too because people can't get the healthcare they need or they just prefer to stay away from the hospitals. It's not possible to know all the collateral damage Covid19 is causing.

·
Registered
13,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,769
Why is Spain's daily new cases figure now including positive antibody tests? Is that what's behind at least some of the rise in their number of new cases recently?

·
Registered
13,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,770

Reactions: Shvedbarilescu

·
Registered
11,518 Posts
It feels like the UK could be on the verge of the start of a 2nd wave, not really sure how effective these local lockdowns are going to be with so many services still open across the UK - I’m baffled as to how pubs / bars were allowed to reopen.

·
Registered
13,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,775
It feels like the UK could be on the verge of the start of a 2nd wave, not really sure how effective these local lockdowns are going to be with so many services still open across the UK - I’m baffled as to how pubs / bars were allowed to reopen.
Hopefully the relatively small, localised, rise in infections we are seeing will be enough to make those people who need reminding, that this hasn't gone away and we can very quickly be back to the position we were in in March/April if everyone isn't very careful in their behaviour. If everyone follows a few simple hygiene and social distancing rules the virus cannot spread quickly and we can keep on top of it until such times as a vaccine, treatment or cure come along (which I pray they do).

Reactions: jimbo mack

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Today will be the only day with specators at the World Championship, no crowds allowed from tomorrow. All this work to get a crowd in there for nothing....

·
Registered
13,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,778

·
Registered
13,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,779
Today will be the only day with specators at the World Championship, no crowds allowed from tomorrow. All this work to get a crowd in there for nothing....
The rates in Sheffield have been quite high for some time though. Imo they should have said some time ago that the pilot was being called off there.

3761 - 3780 of 3919 Posts