Tennis Forum banner

3241 - 3260 of 3338 Posts

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
33,816 Posts
Dagestan doctors speak out over 'tragically high' death toll - The Guardian

Russian region’s official Covid-19 toll is 36 but 659 pneumonia deaths have been recorded.
Russia's official death total from Coronavirus now stands at 3099. That despite a total of 317,554 identified cases. I think we all know the actual number of deaths caused by the virus in Russia is more in the region of 30,000 than it is 3099. But of course what do you expect from a country led by Vladimir Putin?

·
Registered
7,721 Posts

Russia's official death total from Coronavirus now stands at 3099. That despite a total of 317,554 identified cases. I think we all know the actual number of deaths caused by the virus in Russia is more in the region of 30,000 than it is 3099. But of course what do you expect from a country led by Vladimir Putin?
First they tried to deny it was actually in the country, now the narrative will be shifted to: “look at this low death rate! Dear Leader Putin did such an amazing job!”

·
Registered
3,451 Posts

Russia's numbers are as believable as North Korea's 0 COVID-19 cases. But for the cult of personality to continue, the leader has to give an impression of job well done.

Only leader that doesn't even care about giving a good impression is Bolsonaro, which really shows that Brazil is a very wild country.

·
Registered
6,810 Posts
I know Russia is probably undercounting cases and reclassifying deaths too much but there's no way that Brazil with its big pockets of poverty and high density slums isn't undercounting. Tough situation especially for the working poor there.

A few years ago the BRIC were making noises about upsetting the Bretton-Woods legacy financial order. It's pretty much the cold war the ultra-rich people funding certain political stooges who spout nonsense to whip up dumb classes to vote for them are fighting.

I'm pretty sure the crisis has exposed everything wrong with the current world. Western complacency, the incompetence of xenophobic anti-science fear mongerers in managing the richest country in the world and made the BRIC's claim that they are ready for leadership would all be really laughable if it weren't costing lives every day.
I agree, this crisis really has exposed a lot of our politicians, they don't have concrete solutions. BRICS can't handle their cases, our neighbour SA is out of control, like Brazil, they have daily protests and their poverty is unimaginable. And of course the one started all this sh!t which hit the fan around the world. The education system is a mess. We worship politicians as if they are the end of it, clearly they have been sitting on their asses all these years and have done nothing with infrastructural development, and most have probably never seen the inside of a university building. So sad.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Russia's numbers are as believable as North Korea's 0 COVID-19 cases. But for the cult of personality to continue, the leader has to give an impression of job well done.

Only leader that doesn't even care about giving a good impression is Bolsonaro, which really shows that Brazil is a very wild country.
I don't find North Korea's 0 cases so unlikeable. They are quite isolated. There was a joke that the Nr of cases in North Korea were alternating between 1 and 0 if you know what I mean kkkk

Bolsonaro only cares for his senpai Trump, that was quite clear even before the crisis.

·
33,816 Posts

·
Registered
6,164 Posts

Truly sociopathic. I mean even Trump needs to keep the pretense
Perhaps all these facemasks are there for decorative reasons. :unsure:

North Korea boosts measures to stem Covid-19 outbreak - RFI France
People have to understand how North Korea works. They can't admit to the WHO they have an outbreak. So they have no cases.

Then they have to test fire a missle, then detonate a nuclear bomb. Then they request a summit with the foreign powers and their Dear Glorious Leader forces the imperialist powers to their knees and surrender 200 ventilators to them.

·
Registered
30,305 Posts
I don't get the obsession over Russia and their supposed "fake" numbers. They are the #2 in the world in the number of cases for fuck's sake!!!

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
I don't get the obsession over Russia and their supposed "fake" numbers. They are the #2 in the world in the number of cases for fuck's sake!!!
that's not the statistic that is being questioned here

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
It’s probably not a coincidence that the top 3 are also ruled by some of the worst demagogues we have in the world right now. Hopefully the US will vote theirs out in November.
Sanchez in Spain is as bad or even worse than those three. A totally irresponsable, vindictive and extremely dangerous person that is literally pushing the country over the edge. There's a good reason why Spain leads the number of cases and deaths per million. Even with the "official" stats (estimated deaths could be near 45.000) it's far worse than in the USA. That's the better comparison, deaths and cases per 100.000 or 1.000.000 people. Absolute numbers make no sense when comparing a country with a population of over 300 million people and others with 20 or 40.

·
33,816 Posts
326,448 cases with just 3,249 deaths? Are the Russian hospitals really THAT good? o_O

You do seem to defend Russia (Putin) quite a bit. Why is that?

·
Registered
8,118 Posts
So after being almost stubbornly against face masks for weeks the Dutch government has made it mandatory in trains from june 1st.

However you are only allowed to wear a non-working face mask, if you get caught wearing a working medical face mask you get fined (because there still is a shortage in hospitals). So you get fined if you don't wear a face mask and you get fined if you wear a working face mask.

Me june 1st:

·
Registered
6,164 Posts

It is observed that severe Covid-19 cases admited to ICU have low T-cell counts (20% of that found in healthy population). A group is testing IL-7 as a therapeutic to see if they can improve outcomes by increasing the T-cell count. Others are trying to find out what the virus is doing to mess up the immune system.

·
Registered
13,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,259
Results of a fairly large trial of Remdesevir vs placebo show some benefits in those with mild/moderate disease, but it's not a game changer. It could be useful in combination with other drugs, which is how HIV has been turned from a death sentence to a chronic but manageable infection for those with access to treatment.

·
Registered
6,810 Posts
It’s probably not a coincidence that the top 3 are also ruled by some of the worst demagogues we have in the world right now. Hopefully the US will vote theirs out in November.
I looked at the top 20 countries, and 10 are ruled by people whose policies and principles I find nauseating. Notorious bunch, all bark no bite when it comes to dealing with a crises.

3241 - 3260 of 3338 Posts