Tennis Forum banner

861 - 880 of 889 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
well, these kids know too well that them being young and and in relatively healthy condition this new kind of flu poses no threat whatsoever...it's just them being practical and nonchalant about this whole hysteria.
Enough with this bullshit! The youngest person to die (that I know of) was just two years old. Plenty of teenagers and people in their twenties have died as well. They may well be nonchalant, but they sure as hell are NOT being practical. Which part of "it doesn't matter how healthy you are, you can still transmit the virus to someone else" don't you, or can't you, understand?

Try googling "Typhoid Mary" (Mary Mallon) if you want to see an extreme case of "I don't give a shit-itis."

Old and sick people die every day though and not only from coronavirus, but from myriad of other much more serious diseases, like cancer
Nobody disputes that, but it's not the point!

·
Registered
84,354 Posts

Ana Ivanovic

If you can’t go outside, go inside!
Lots of people are struggling around the world, feeling scared or uncertain. It’s important more than ever to stay connected, calm and have compassion!
Do remind yourself to be grateful for today! #stayathome

·
Registered
84,354 Posts
Beautiful Ana! BTW. I do practice meditation too, albeit not for a long time yet.

Is that you Saraya in your profile picture?
Where?

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Try googling "Typhoid Mary" (Mary Mallon) if you want to see an extreme case of "I don't give a shit-itis."

Nobody disputes that, but it's not the point!
Actually if you remember that typhoid is transmitted by the fecal-oral route, you'll realize that Typhoid Mary did give quite a bit of shit.

She obviously didn't give a shit about washing her hands with soap but that wasn't unusal for people in the 19th century. Sadly, same could be said about giving a shit about society in the 21st.

·
Registered
99 Posts
They're not practical or nonchalant. They're selfish! Not only that people die, it costs a lot of money and effort to fight the virus. There is going to be a huge economic crisis after it.
There will be larger economic impact to locking down/shutting borders across the world for months. Pick your poison.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Enough with this bullshit! The youngest person to die (that I know of) was just two years old. Plenty of teenagers and people in their twenties have died as well. They may well be nonchalant, but they sure as hell are NOT being practical. Which part of "it doesn't matter how healthy you are, you can still transmit the virus to someone else" don't you, or can't you, understand?

Death rate amongst young persons is super low. Doesn't mean they don't get it or die. The virus will spread, in spite of our best stay-at-home efforts. Might as well just do what you want without destroying the economy that we all need to survive.

Typhoid Mary is a terrible analogy. One in her time the idea of asymptomatic carriers of disease was not common knowledge. From her perspective, she didn't have Typhoid because she didn't have the horrible symptoms that people who had it did. And out of nowhere, these officials are telling her she can't make a living doing what she does. She wasn't not giving a shit.

Two: what percentage of people have to adhere to stay-at-home for it to work effectively? Let me help you: higher than realistically possible.
What we are doing is basically trash and we are only slowing the inevitable progress of the virus while allowing the global economy to tank.

·
Registered
84,354 Posts

Kim Clijsters

During this uncertain time, we are very grateful that we can be together – safe and healthy – as a family. We have great admiration for all the workers on the front-line in the hospitals – the doctors, nurses, all medical staff – who are working so hard.

From our family - thank you for everything you do.

#ThanksHealthHeroes #StayHome #allemaalsamen #blijfinuwkot

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Breaking news!
The largest manufacturer of condoms can not get the basic materials to make the condoms.
Will the long lasting result of Covid-19 be babies,babies and more babies?
Will many of the top WTA players get pregnant and retire?
Will there be a run on rubbers like the run on toilet paper in the US?

·
Registered
6,613 Posts
Breaking news!
The largest manufacturer of condoms can not get the basic materials to make the condoms.
Will the long lasting result of Covid-19 be babies,babies and more babies?
Will many of the top WTA players get pregnant and retire?
Will there be a run on rubbers like the run on toilet paper in the US?
And STDs of course.

What ever happened to other means of birth control? Patches, pill, injections, loop, bla bla

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Actually if you remember that typhoid is transmitted by the fecal-oral route, you'll realize that Typhoid Mary did give quite a bit of shit.

She obviously didn't give a shit about washing her hands with soap but that wasn't unusal for people in the 19th century. Sadly, same could be said about giving a shit about society in the 21st.
Wasn't she also a cook ?? And snuck into another cooking job after everything blew over?

·
Registered
113,189 Posts
Some sports will start. They are running a big horse race in Florida now, the Florida Derby.
I'm sure, unless something else tragic happens, that a sport like NBA will try to start.
10 on each team, coaches and refs and some people at the video table for replays
Dana White says UFC will have fights
Tennis will need open borders for players to travel, so it might not start this year

·
Registered
84,354 Posts
861 - 880 of 889 Posts