Tennis Forum banner

841 - 860 of 893 Posts

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Does anybody believe that the US Open are going to happen this year anyway? America is doomed even more than China and Europe because their healthcare sucks and they have such a weak leader. One could argue that the Americans wanted Trump for president but I feel for them anyway. Stay strong!

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Does anybody believe that the US Open are going to happen this year anyway? America is doomed even more than China and Europe because their healthcare sucks and they have such a weak leader. One could argue that the Americans wanted Trump for president but I feel for them anyway. Stay strong!
USA had more new cases today than Spain or Italy, it is the new hotspot. It is only a matter of time before the deaths start to catch up or even overtake. So the way things are going, the next tennis could be the Asian season in the autumn, but then would they allow all those players and officials and coaches and entourage etc to come to Wuhan in case they brought the virus back from the USA and Europe?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Phoenix, Arizona
A man and woman self medicated to prevent Covid.
They ingested Chloroquine phosphate which is used to clean fish tanks.
The man is dead and the woman is in critical condition.
IMO these deaths are due to the hysteria created by the news media and the web.
There are only 2 deaths from Covid in the Phoenix area and 140 infected.
The greater Phoenix area has a population of almost 5 million.
If it becomes a trend you can blame it on hysteria. Until then this is just death by stupidity and no surprise it happened in the US.

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
Phoenix, Arizona
I blame lack of education and awareness.

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
Phoenix, Arizona
I blame lack of education and awareness.

·
Registered
30,970 Posts
I would say the best hope for the US Open is that it hits New York so badly that the problem has essentially blown over by August, and/or that Trump simply refuses to let the economy shut down and pressures large events like the US Open to continue. Not very optimistic, but who knows. I will say anything is possible at this point; think what a different life many of us were living just two weeks ago.

·
Registered
30,970 Posts
Where did this come from? You would think it would occur to them to send it to subscribers of their freaking streaming service if they're going to take about a "WTA family" that "dedicated fans" are a part of…

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Phoenix, Arizona
I blame Trump.

Arizona man dies after attempting to take Trump coronavirus 'cure'

·
Registered
53,484 Posts
No, New York is a mess, in big trouble.
Well, there are some delusional people who still underestimate the Coronavirus ...

Yeah, the health system and insurance system in USA suck. And must be changed.
Hopefully it will be changed after the Corona catastrophe. A wake-up call.

Actually the majority in USA did NOT vote for Trump, but he won the most/most important states.
In my opinion the voting system in USA is bad and unfair and should be changed.

To listen to Trump and believe him is not smart.

I hope we will get a cure against Coronavirus as soon as possible.
And yes, the people in USA (in whole world) must stay strong in the next months!

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Where did this come from? You would think it would occur to them to send it to subscribers of their freaking streaming service if they're going to take about a "WTA family" that "dedicated fans" are a part of…
Maybe check your spam because I received a copy that bounced there and I had cancelled my subscription earlier this year. It's funny that even Steve Simon's signature is insipid and limp. At least it hasn't got the sociopathic, aggressive strokes of Trump I guess...

·
Registered
84,403 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
The problem in the US is the people.
Many people in the US people will not obey the self quarantine dictates of the government.
As seen in the drunken college kids in Miami on spring break. Covid-19 parties etc.

·
Registered
14,542 Posts
I also received it via email...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84,403 Posts

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
The problem in the US is the people.
Many people in the US people will not obey the self quarantine dictates of the government.
As seen in the drunken college kids in Miami on spring break. Covid-19 parties etc.
well, these kids know too well that them being young and and in relatively healthy condition this new kind of flu poses no threat whatsoever...it's just them being practical and nonchalant about this whole hysteria. Old and sick people die every day though and not only from coronavirus, but from myriad of other much more serious diseases, like cancer

·
Registered
124 Posts
well, these kids know too well that them being young and and in relatively healthy condition this new kind of flu poses no threat whatsoever...it's just them being practical and nonchalant about this whole hysteria. Old and sick people die every day though and not only from coronavirus, but from myriad of other much more serious diseases, like cancer
They're not practical or nonchalant. They're selfish! Not only that people die, it costs a lot of money and effort to fight the virus. There is going to be a huge economic crisis after it.

I'm so happy and lucky that I live in Czech Republic, in a country with an excellent health care system (very similar as in Germany). There are the solidarity and order in my country.

841 - 860 of 893 Posts