Tennis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, canis sapiens sapiens
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OKLAHOMA CITY (Reuters) - Jim Courier, ancien lauréat de Roland-Garros et des Internationaux d'Australie, a été désigné jeudi comme nouvel entraîneur de l'équipe américaine de Coupe Davis de tennis.

Courier travaillera aux côtés de Patrick McEnroe, qui reste capitaine. La campagne 2002 débute dès vendredi avec un match de premier tour contre la Slovaquie à Oklahoma City.

C'est la première fois depuis 1971 que l'équipe sera dirigée en tandem.

Contrairement à d'autres compatriotes, Courier n'a jamais failli à ses devoirs en Coupe Davis. Il a obtenu 17 victoires dans les 27 matches de simples qu'il a disputés avec l'équipe pendant sept ans. Il a remporté le trophée en 1992 et 1995.

Rough translation (sorry for my english :eek:):
Jim Courier, former winner of the French Open and the Australian Open has been designated to be the new american team's coach.

He'll work with Patrick McEnroe who stays captain. America will play Slovakia on the first round on Friday in Oklahoma City.

It's the first time since 1971 that the team is led by two people.

Unlike some fellow americans, Courier never failed in his duties in (for?) Davis Cup. He won 17 out of 27 matches in this competition.
He won the trophy in 1992 and 1995.

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
yes i've read on LA times that Mcenroe wanted him as coach and he accepted gladly!he is still working with guys.he told he hasnt nothing to teach to Sampras and Martin,but he can give some advice to Roddick and other young players! :)

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I wonder, did Patrick decide to work with the team before or after he knew he'd be working mostly with Roddick?? ;)

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
You mean Courier, moon?;)

·
Enemy of Art
14,039 Posts
Guess who was sitting right next to Andy on the bench today? ;)

He may as well have had his head in his lap.

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
LMAO!!!!!! I bet he wanted to hold Andy's hand to console him of the pressure.;)

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
oops, yeah, I meant Courier KC. :eek:

Can't believe James & Mardy won. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts