Tennis Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, admittedly I was almost asleep while watching ESPN coverage of the men's Canada match last night, but I thought I understood one of the commentators send well wishes to former player and sometimes TV commentator Jim Courier for a speedy recovery from injuries received in a golf cart (yes, golf cart) accident. He said something about it requiring surgery (shoulder???).

Did they really say that? Did it really happen or was it some kind of joke that I missed?

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
bwguy said:
OK, admittedly I was almost asleep while watching ESPN coverage of the men's Canada match last night, but I thought I understood one of the commentators send well wishes to former player and sometimes TV commentator Jim Courier for a speedy recovery from injuries received in a golf cart (yes, golf cart) accident. He said something about it requiring surgery (shoulder???).

Did they really say that? Did it really happen or was it some kind of joke that I missed?
I missed that. I did read about Roscoe Tanner being extradicted thought. ;)

·
Registered
21,339 Posts
somebody else heard it too. his golfcar went on a roll and he broke some bones

I don't think anybody would make a joke about that.

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,315 Posts
He was on a hill w/his golfcart - it tipped over and landed on him. He separated his shoulder and broke some ribs. Had to have surgery to repair his shoulder. That was Wednesday when this happened.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
That'll learn him not to ride in golf carts when he can walk. ;)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the confirmation on that. Sure hope he was a speedy recovery. --- Irma, the only reason I thought it might be the tail-end of a joke was that Pat McEnroe (who made the remark) frequently teases about players/former players spending too much time on the golf course.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.