Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
10,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The media insist on using it. It was a slip up and it's not even funny :(

Fourth seed Kim Clijsters won the battle of the 'Belgian sisters' on Rod Laver Arena, Wednesday, beating No.6 seed Justine Henin 6-2 6-3 to advance to her first Australian Open semi final.

·
41,227 Posts
I don't know why they keep saying that..it's nice for once..but not to use all the time. They are just good friends, and both belgian..so what?

·
Registered
600 Posts
My mom calls the Williams sisters the "Venus twins". :rolleyes:

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,053 Posts
Take it easy, folks.. Lighten up a bit..

·
double-dog daredevil
12,044 Posts
Ok, it's silly and annoying, but honestly if this is the worst Kim and Justine get called they're ahead of the game ;)

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
They do this because when both keep moving up in the rankings they can start to write that they hate each other now while before they were like sisters, that`s the way the press works.

·
Registered
16,198 Posts
Bott already reacted that they don't look at each other as sisters and they both don't see reason why they are called sisters. It's Capriati who started this

·
10,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I meant it in the context of Capriati - yes it was a slip up, but there's no need to continue it, every time they say it, it's a jab at Jen.

I'm sure neither Kim nor Justine are particularly bothered.

·
10,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kim and Jen get on very well though

·
Registered
16,198 Posts
Yeah, Kim said today on Belgian tv, she and Jenn became good friends after RG and they practise a lot together.
Kim's trainer, Carl Maes, said having Jennifer as hitting partner is better than the best ball machine!

·
Registered
15,226 Posts
Yeah i agree I think the media should get over the whole sisters thing... jennifer and lindsay aren't called sisters cuz they're from the U.S and are both in the top ten so why should it be different for Kim and Justine??? Also, i agree with disposablehero... they don't really seem to be that much of good friends... i bet they don't get along lol ;)

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
Hehe!

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
OK CHARM DOWN!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts